No announcement yet.

Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm great with names, and I'm pretty good with them learnin'-facts, history dates and such.

My downfall is remembering to perform certain tasks. Chores, homework, etc... will totally slip my mind until it's too late (or almost so). It can cause problems, let me tell you.
    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
      I'm great with names, and I'm pretty good with them learnin'-facts, history dates and such.

My downfall is remembering to perform certain tasks. Chores, homework, etc... will totally slip my mind until it's too late (or almost so). It can cause problems, let me tell you.
      I'm the same way. I can memorize a string of 15 numbers after reading them out only once. However, remembering the tasks I have to do for the day is hard for me.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

my short-term memory is ****ed
        CSPA

Comment

I apparently have a highly weird memory. I have memories from my childhood in very, very high detail. I can reproduce short conversations almost exactly. I can remember one page of A4 text (with meaning) identically. Maybe more, dunno. Oh, and I always remember weird passwords with ease. I use the cryptic looking ones, and have about a dozen different - remember them easily.

On the bad side, though. I'm exceptionally bad at remembering numerical sequences such as phone numbers. Even the phone numbers I dial often, I remember as a sequence of finger movements to press the buttons, not numbers. Whenever headed for somewhere, I have to write the house number down, or I may well forget it. I'm good at remembering words in various languages, but the simple names puzzle me - I just can't remember people who have common names.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I hate it when I can't forget things I want to forget- like my childhood.

I prefer to remember more recent things- as they are better.

Comment

Working...
            X