Something wrong is visting the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something wrong is visting the UK

I may have been away from the Apolyton site for a while but if there is anywhere these days I can hope for a reasonable (if not agreeable) opinion or two then this is the place.

What brings me back here is the unfortunate visit of an all-powerful idiot king who has come to flash his shiny things and many weapons to amaze the grateful and limp-wristed crooked toothed peasents of this fair and royal land.

Thank you George Bush for defeating Hitler and Bin Laden so we can eat hamburgers and fight your wars without question and let our boys die for your cause of democracy and money.

We will happily give our humble limey pennies so your democractic and free behind will not be harmed by free speech, respect for international law or foul language that might offend his simple decent majesty.

Welcome King George W. (anker) Bush II to our backward and grateful isle so you can visit the families of those Brits killed in a pointless and empty war and slap them right in the face for daring to commit a thought crime and question the righteousness of your crusade against some people who look a bit like the people who killed thousands of innocent people as part of an endless circle of violence that reminds one of chimps throwinf **** at each other until they are bored.

......right, now that my rant is over I can continue drinking to oblivion..................

if there is anywhere these days I can hope for a reasonable (if not agreeable) opinion or two

And then you go on unreasonably slinging mud .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I (reasonably) didn't read past the first sentence, what is it about?

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I hate Dubbaya as much as the next commie pinko leftist, but I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish in this thread.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

reasonable? whats this reasonable you speak of?

Comment

Some friends and I are going on the protest against Bush on Thursday. I'm tired of having our foreign policy so blatantly decided by the MP for Texas North.
            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
              Some friends and I are going on the protest against Bush on Thursday. I'm tired of having our foreign policy so blatantly decided by the MP for Texas North.
              It seems like that is more the fault of your leader.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Don't worry, he's next on the list.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

It seems like that is more the fault of your leader.
                  An interesting idea, whose fault is it when you practice realpolitik?
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I would say DL

but I know you aren't a DL

Comment

Will Self did an excellent piece on the situation on This Week on Thursday night...
                      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Working...
                      X