No announcement yet.

What does anybody know about ear aches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't your Uni require med insurance in your tuition and don't you have a clinic for your campus?
    Monkey!!!

Comment

wax buildup? put some soft tissue on a match.

a cellphone antena, but only if you have no choice. ( last minute before date arrives, for example. )
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I have med insurance

I don't know much about it and it is based in oregon (I don't have a doctor out here for example)

there is a clinic here,, and I will be waiting a few hours to see them beggining at 4

JOn Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

sounds like an infection to me.
          better get some antibiotics soon.
          hydrogen peroxide was a good idea
          why it hurt worse is because of the infection.

warm compresses do help with the pain.
          or heating pad.
          and tylenol....but the only thing that
          will make it go away completly is antibiotics
          "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Go see a doctor. Explain your situation. He/she will likely see you an let you pay later.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
              wax buildup? put some soft tissue on a match.

a cellphone antena, but only if you have no choice. ( last minute before date arrives, for example. )
              Don't go sticking things in your ear.

Not only is that dangerous, but it can't do a very good job anyways since your ear canal is long and spiraling. To get it really clean you need to have it flushed with water.

(coincedentally, I believe the invention of the q-tip came about after someone cleaned their kid's ear with a matchstick and deafened them for life. Not a very good choice of example. )
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Please don't stick anything in your ear right now!

Try one of those ear-flushing kits you can get at most any drug store. Use the wax-softening drops, then use the rubber bulb to flush warm water into your ear canal. Hydrogen peroxide is also a good idea.

If these don't work, see a doctor. Your hearing is far too important to mess around with.

And again: don't go poking things into your ear, especially right now.

Good luck!
                Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

probably something crawling around in there...

Comment

Yeah, probably one of those "Wrath of Kahn" earmites.

Comment

yah

the correct answer is see a doctor

which I did, but since I had tried to flush out the wax earlier (when it was only hurting a little) he couldn't see anything

so he removed some wax and told me to come back on monday (with instructions to rush in if it started hurting noticeably worse)

if you ear hurts don't stick anything in it (Even to flush it out) because the doctor won't be able to see anything (and moistened wax is apparently hard to deal with without doing things which would be bad for the eardrum if there is a whole or infection)

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                      X