Yummy food with gross ingredients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yummy food with gross ingredients

So I'm having a couple slices of bread with liver pate. Some cucumber slices on top of that. Delicious.

Then I get the bright idea of taking a look at the list of ingredients.

Liver of pig, cow and lamb (29%), water, pork fat, pork meat, beef, wheatmeal, salt, sugar, anchovy (WTF?), tomato puree and spices.

Kind of disgusting really, but I keep on eating of course. I'm not a sissy

But it says Liver Pate on the box damnit, not "Mashed farm animals & anchovies".
    CSPA

Just about anything involving sausage.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I like pear sorbet with raw ham and pizza with figues
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

One of the apartments that I lived in while in college was above a real nice Lebanese family. They used to invite me to dinner all the time. There was only one rule that I insisted on. They could never tell me EVER, what they were serving me. The first time I asked was the last. But it always tasted great.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yeah sausages usually contain the worst parts of at least 4 different animals (including horse).
          CSPA

Comment

ruebens...it takes a bunch of random ingredients and makes a beautiful symphony
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Miso Soup... I love fish, but seaweed, dried fish shavings, and tofu paste? I made it once and when those shavings hit the water I almost puked, my wife, who hates fish, said it smelt good...hehe pun, "smelt"
              Monkey!!!

Comment

sushi in general, not sashimi or sushi negri, but the seaweed wraps with odd assortments of ingredents.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Japher, you beat me to it! One could say Japanese food in general...
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

It took me 5 years to get my wife just to try Sushi, now she loves it. Next, I am trying to get her to like sashimi, but she hates fish in general, so this will be hard... (Odd how she'll eat it in sushi, but not alone)...
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

There is so much..of course, groos ingridients is a cultural decision..

I actually found that if you mix store-bought breadcrumbs (which one might use for baking or frying) and combine them with eggs, and cook the dough one creates, you get something very close to French toast. Weird.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

There is so much..of course, groos ingridients is a cultural decision..
                        True, but that just ruins the descussion

Whats that stuff the Aussies put on their bread? Is it any good?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Vegemite... it's yeast extract. and no it's not any good
                          CSPA

Comment

Re: Yummy food with gross ingredients

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                            wheatmeal,
                            You mean wheat flour?

anchovy (WTF?),
                            Wtf indeed. Dude, you need to get another brand. I always read the ingredients list out of boredom and I've never eaten any liver paté with fish in it. Yuck!
                            The rivers shall run to the sea,
                            While shadows shall move across the valleys of mountains,
                            While the heavens shall nourish the stars,
                            Always shall your honor and your name and your fame endure.

Comment

I think wheatmeal is a mix of two or three flours.

I know, anchovy in liver pate, didn't expect that! Maybe it's good for the texture or something.
                              CSPA

Comment

Working...
                              X