I do have a degree in mathematics

but it is not a science

there is no experiment

no data

it is a language

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You can do all the science you like, but without art, life itself has no meaning.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

Genetisists refuese to beleive we are capable of developing on our own and insist everything is defined by genes.
        Almost all geneticists realize that phenotype is the result of genotype and environmental factors. All of my biology profs and those I did research with are aware of this obvious fact of biology.

Comment

Mathematics is certainly a science in the broad sense of "systematic and formulated knowledge", but most people use "science" to refer only to the natural sciences.
          In YOUR language perhaps. In greek "epistimi" uses exactly the first definition. Natural sciences, applied sciences, mathematics and humanities are all considered sciences in my language.

This is a very interesting topic. I'm a mechanical engineer. We have probably killed much more people that any other science since we have built all the weapons of the industrial age. And you don't need to think big. Colt, Winchester, Luger and Kalashnikov have probably each resulted into much more deaths than anybody else in this line of work.

As for guilt, IIRC the house of the Colt family is said to be haunted by the souls that lost their lives with those guns.
          "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
          George Orwell

Comment

physical sciences, natural sciences

political science <-- There's the reall pisser!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
              genetics is a crime,

Originally posted by monolith94
              You can do all the science you like, but without art, life itself has no meaning.
              Life has no meaning.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Chem and Bio people get big fat salaries from big business and work in environments without unions, while physics people generally get comparably less money and are often heavily dependent upon state funding. Thus, physics folks are generally to the left of those of other sciences - including with regards to the use of nuclear weapons.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                  His name momentarily escapes me, but it was one sole scientist who invented CFC's and also had the bright idea of putting lead in petrol. That's quite a record.
                  Thomas Midgely
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                  X