Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animatrix

Sucks beyond all comprehension.

As a writer, I'd hate it if the ideas on my plots were being taken and expanded, elaborated upon by lesser minds, and presented, purporting to be a legitimate expansion upon the idea. Even if the writers of the trilogy agreed and wrote this stuff, such an idea as the Matrix is far better left to the imagination of the viewer. IMO, animatrix is a cynical attempt to profit off the success of the trilogy, hijacking the idea and vandalising it.

Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem with others standing on the shoulders of giants, indeed I would be flattered if in the future someone were to do so with my ideas, as long as they are not riding piggyback. In such a case I would tell someone to expand their ideas upon an analogous plot, instead of being a parasite to the original.

Perhaps I'm being a little harsh. I refer especially to those that attempt to add to the plot, particularly that one that was like the Matrix prequel. It'd be like George Lucas doing a film on the beginning of the Borg!

The latest animatrix was reasonable, the idea was that a girl lost her cat, and when searching for it stumbled on some kids exploiting what seemed to be a discrepancy in the matrix, time and gravity slowing down. I especially liked the bit with the dove flying in slow-mo, then the ravens appearing on the skyline. An agent with what looked like a pest control team cleared the area, and you see some computer stuff eliminating the error, the girl going back to the "haunted house" minus the cool stuff. Was nicely done, merely explored the existing plot without mutilating it, which is acceptable imo.

Discuss!
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

i thought the animatrix stuff was done by the same people that did the matrix? or at least, was done with their blessing anyway . . .
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I loved the animatrix.... renniscance 1 and 2 especially.

Comment

i thought the animatrix stuff was done by the same people that did the matrix? or at least, was done with their blessing anyway . . .
        Its still riding piggyback on top the matrix proper. Its like the latter three star trek series' and the new star wars trilogy. Leave a done idea done!
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

actually, i liked the animatrix more than the last two movies.

which isn't saying much at all.
          B♭3

Comment

Oh don't. I'm seeing revolutions tomorrow!

Comment

revolutions wasn't too bad, actually. my only regret?
              my friend had offered to pay for it... shoulda let him. definitely not worth $8.50. (then again, i don't recall a movie that was worth that much anyway...)
              B♭3

Comment

As the only anime film i've seen, i have to say I was pleasantly surprised with Animatrix.

Oh, and Matrix Revolutions was excellent btw.
                Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

I'm with ya there - I liked animatrix better than 2; still haven't seen 3. Maybe I'll wait for it on video. I think it might be my preference for animation over live action, tho.
                  -30-

Comment

I saw Animatrix last week, and I liked it. it was second best matrix moovie, better than reloaded and revolutions.

now lets see, what stories there were in animatrix?:
                    *last flight of osiris
                    *renesaince 1
                    *renesaince 2
                    *kid's story
                    * that detective story
                    *haunted house
                    *world record

am I missing some?

my point is that all those were good stories and really stirred your tea cup.
                    my favorite were the renesaince stories, as they had most content.

me thinks that, makers of matrix should have stopped after the first moovie. matrix 2 & 3 really did not have any content. well there were that big under ground battle in revolutions, it was perfectly apocalyptic, but its not enough to make 2 moovies about.
                    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Comment

osiris was impressive simply 'cause of the cg. otherwise, it was excessive.

detective story, beyond, matriculated were all good.

renaissance 1 and 2 were aiight.

world record was just ok.

kid's story just sucked.
                        B♭3

Comment

Kid's story should have been done live action.

Am I alone?
                          What is the Matrix?
                          I know kung fu.

Matriculated was my fave, but I'm biased - Chung rocks.

Detective story reminded me a lot of Brade Runnah.
                          -30-

Comment

Enters the imagination of Whaleboy

The Simpsons meets The Matrix....

Comment

I take it you haven't seen the fanimatrix yet [www.fanimatrix.net]?
                              Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                              Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                              X