Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sounds like fun

Microsoft: if you can't buy them, beat them

According to reports, Microsoft is developing a new graphics and animation toolset for its next operating system. The tool is already being referred to internally as a Flash-killer - but such claims should be taken with a pinch of salt, as much could change in the next three years.

If you can't buy them, beat them seems to be the message coming out of Microsoft. Microsoft is working on a graphics and animation toolset codenamed Sparkle, for its next operating system that integrates with the .NET runtime environment, according to reports.

Sparkle has given rise to talk inside Microsoft that it is a Flash or Director-killer, Macromedia's popular environments for creating and running rich multimedia content on PCs, devices and the web.

Reports of Sparkle have surfaced nearly a year after Microsoft was believed to be considering Macromedia for acquisition to significantly enhance Windows' scripting and graphics capabilities. Both companies refused to comment on a possible acquisition at the time.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Microsoft will not stop until it completely controls the entire universe, will it?

"My Lord Gates, there's still a pinch of dust in Africa that we believe has not been crushed under our presence." "Send it a Wintel PC! Give it a beta of Windows! Hand it a grossly overpriced and incompatible Office program! Do not let it remain untouched!"
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I think Microsoft's next acquisition will be cotton candy vendors.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I certainly hope they aren't planning on doing to Macromedia what they did to Netscape.

On second thought, maybe I do, when the antitrust watchdogs are staring.
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Admit it: you email Asher every time you start one of these just to torture him...
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Re: This sounds like fun

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Microsoft: if you can't buy them, beat them

Cool, even more development tools for .NET

I only wish it was here now.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                Admit it: you email Asher every time you start one of these just to torture him...
                Wow, that's really evil, Matt. Only you can think of that

Comment

Working...
                X