Anyone Want to Go To China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Want to Go To China?

My school is looking for someone to teach British history and culture. Preferably someone from Britain. We've already got an Australian and an Irishman. So those angles are covered.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

no! not british people. haven't you seen legend of the drunken master ii? the white devils are evil!
    B♭3

Comment

Id love to do such a thing, however, Im married with a child and a mortgage that requires perminant employment etc etc etc .. (stuck in that rut).

So alas, I couldn't ..
      "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

I do it, if they pay my tickets!
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Well Dashi, this is the sort of opportunity I'm aiming for - but I'm not qualified yet, and won't be for some years.

Plus my Chinese is non-existent.

Sorry. I haven't even got any opium to supply to the students.
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

You don't need to know Chinese. All you need is a college degree. And BA is preferred as well as some experience. You'll be expected to teach the classes in English and may have to teach some English classes as well, which are as easy as you want them to be. The lack of opium might be a problem though. It's just expected.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Like I said Dashi, I'm years off of being there. Hmm... maybe I should switch from a BSc to a BA. Time to have a long dark chat with the tutors...
              Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
              "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Sorry, I'd love to but no BA. I could try my BS, though...
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

BS is fine. That's what I have. A useless microbiology degree burning a hole in my pocket.
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

And the pay would be, what, 9,000rmb a month?
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

The last time I went to China, I got back to the states and all anyone could ask me was whether or not I had any flu symptoms. Then I realised I'd also been to Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Taiwan. The only time my timing is impeccable is when there's a nasty disease following close behind. Hey, that explains most of my relationships!
                      -30-

Comment

Working...
                      X