Apple Analyst Meeting 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YesS it COonSumes My LFIE!
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

"Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

in other news...Microsoft just made their chat service ( chat.msn.com ) subscription based. $19.95 per year, they claim it's to protect you from spam.
        But thats a really poor excuse So expect more OTF threads from me
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Apple is cool and my sweaty feet smells like roses.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

Mr. Nice Guy = Wrong

Mr. Nice Guy = No More Mr. Nice Guy

HAVE A DAY.
            <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
            "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
            For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

$19.95 a year? per person? that sounds like a nice idea....
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I think they completely missed the boat in regard to computers and television.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Apple stated shortly after WWDC 2003 that Motorola was still important to them; I know there is a story about this on Macrumors.com, but I couldn't find it. With that in mind, we should expect a stronger G4 roadmap for Apple because the spinoff company will be dedicating it's entire R&D to semiconductor technology, also in all likelihood Apple will invest in the new company just as they've been investing in Motorola.

motorola still sucks.
                  go ibm!

Umm, hello. Haven't you noticed that Apple has already been doing this in recent months? Did you listen to the conference call? In it, Apple execs talked a lot about what they've been doing for the schools. And in all likelihood, I think we can expect see more price cuts from Apple in the future.

yes, but you really need to sweeten the deal. microsoft makes deployment of windows xp and office 2000 and above so cheap and appealing that schools, with their budgets shrinking, are jumping for joy. mac's going a long way there, but it's got a long road ahead of it is all i'm saying.

'course, i guess just pointing out that all is not rosy for mac is like saying everything the us does isn't wonderful... or in other words, puts me up against, rabid fundies who believe only their party line.

The level of sheer vitriol some of you seem to have for Macs amazes me. Are they really that bad that you feel a need to pester every Mac user you can find until they finally succumb and buy a PC?

i have no vitriol against real macs. imacs, emacs, and candy macs offend my sensibilities.
                  as for macheads... i like most of 'em. i date one. my only problem is with the ones who repeatedly bash windows, saying that apple will come to dominate the world... they're like the man-hating feminazis.

I think they completely missed the boat in regard to computers and television.

i think so too. the people who will be watching tv on a computer are a vast minority, pretty much only space-conscious people in dorm rooms. microsoft media center's ahead of them, as are numerous monitor makers, like samsung and sharp.
                  on the other hand, if apple continues what it looks to be doing (i.e., moving away from computers and into consumer electronics), it'll face stiff competition from the likes of gateway and dell, who are doing the same thing.
                  B♭3

Comment

Working...
                  X