Meeting in the Taiwanese parliament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting in the Taiwanese parliament

From Swedish newspaper DN : "When the defense committee of the Taiwanese parliament had a meeting today, there was a debate about procedural issues. The debate seemed to be slightly more intense than that in the Swedish parliament"

Can anyone fill in the details?
    Attached Files
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

They're practicing for their semi-final meet with the Japanese Diet. Winner takes on North Korea.
    "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Originally posted by uh Clem
      They're practicing for their semi-final meet with the Japanese Diet. Winner takes on North Korea.

All the people standing around must be the sound effects technicians.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Btw, in Sweden, we call this situation "Polish Parliament"
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

And here's one of the Korean parlaiment (all members of the ruling party).
          Attached Files
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

yeah. i love asian democracies. hardly a month goes by without a brawl in either the japanese, korean, or taiwanese assemblies.

they're almost as volatile as the knesset.
            B♭3

Comment

puh-lease. don't compare your dirty politcos with our noble statesmen.

seriously, Ours never had THIS!
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

We need more of this in America. It would really liven up C-SPAN.
                "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

As far as I know, this 'tradition' in the taiwanese parliament started when a younger generation in it started to oppose and replace the old men that sat there as representatives for regions in mainland China. Maybe some that knows more can correct me or fill in the blanks.

Comment

@az.

you're right. ours, dirty as they are, are still better 'cuz they're east asian.
                    B♭3

Comment

This gives "power politics" an entirely different dimension.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Talk about democracy in action!
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Talk about worthless ****heads who should be digging ditches rather than being in goverment.
                          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

They were elected by the people. It's a common weakness in democracy that the persons elected don't have to be qualified they just have to be popular. Fortunately, the upside of democracy far out weights the downsides like this.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
                              Btw, in Sweden, we call this situation "Polish Parliament"
                              No, not at all. The definition of "polish parliament" or "polsk riksdag" is when the members of parliament spend most of their time debating things that have little or nothing to do with the issue at hand. (from the time when everyone in the polish parliament, Sejmen, had veto-power).

Lets hope they where fighting about something important, not if Britney Spears career is over or not or witch one of Beckham's haircuts is the best one to date.

Comment

Working...
                              X