Positive news from Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive news from Iraq

I thought it would be nice to start a thread about the good stuff that has happened since Saddam's removal.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

came across this story, and thought it makes a change from the daily reports of casualty figures, and negative news we usually get.

Seems some Iraqi's believe the US/UK intervention was a gift from God.

"Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Always nice with something truely positive. A short remark though:

"In a region desperately short of water, it may be impossible to truly undo what has been called 'the environmental crime of the century.' "

I would think that would be what the stalinists have done to lake Aral and the rivers and the amu-darja and syr-darja rivers. Oh well, it's hard to meassure...

Comment

That's nice, of course the US blew up most of Iraq's water-treatment infrastructure over the twelve years of sanctions, which is why there is such a high occurance of dissentry amongst children in Iraq.
      Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

it's dysentery.
        B♭3

Comment

"dissent"ry...
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

damn it, sava beat me to it!

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

dissidentery
                B♭3

Comment

well, if the spelling is what you care about more... and I see it is.
                  Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

But surely 'Dissentry' was also a deadly disease in Saddam Husseins Iraq. Number of fatalities in that disease has probably dropped.

Comment

Seems some Iraqi's believe the US/UK intervention was a gift from God.

that said, there are some iraqis who believe that the us/uk intervention is just a god-given chance for them to kill more from the great satan.
                      B♭3

Comment

Working...
                      X