Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

288 Warplanes "in transit" -- Implications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 288 Warplanes "in transit" -- Implications?

Found the following three posts on a small forum I go to from time to time:

This is from Debka-file so take it with a grain of salt. But they are correct about half the time and especially when the topic concerns the ME.

"DEBKAfile’s military sources report unusually heavy US bomber and fighter air traffic on the move from US West Coast to Middle East via Scotland"

I posted before about how all the desert camo schnook helicopters that were flying over down here starting in spring 2002 and ending around November 2002. Now all the chinooks that fly over have the deep green camo paint.

Probably just a coincidence.

A peace group posted similiar sightings yesterday:

From: the Peacewatchers at USAF’s Fairford and Welford bases in the UK

Since Saturday, people in the Highlands of Scotland have been witnessing large movements of US warplanes overhead. Experienced observers say the large numbers are reminiscent of those that preceded the bombing of Iraq in 1998 and military strikes on Libya in the1980's as well as the first Gulf War.

At the weekend warplanes were flying over at a rate of roughly one every 15 minutes. As well as watching them from the ground the plane spotters have also been able to overhear pilots talking by listening to their radio frequencies.

At this rate some 288 warplanes would have passed over Scotland in three days.

It is thought that the planes have flown on a route from the US over the North Pole to bases in Europe and the Mediterranean. The size and scale of the movement suggests that the US may be preparing to strike at a country in the Middle East in the next week to ten days.

Please pass this information on as widely as possible- the US may be planning to use the pretext of "foreign" terrorist attacks on US personnel in Iraq to attack Iran or Syria. Please alert any sympathetic elected representatives, media representatives and other sympathetic organizations. Publicizing this military movement may prevent the air-strikes.

What do you think? Are there fireworks in the immediate future?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

What's this DEBKA business?
    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Hellooooo Google!

Political Analysis, Espionage, Terrorism, Security

It's an Israel-based "intelligence" site.

Comment

I hope not

I was glad about Afganistan

ok with Iraq (didn't like alot of the details)

only North Korea I would accept now (from a Moral point, and practacalities say no)

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Rotating units around, large scale readiness exercises, all sorts of explanations. Whose ass would we thump that would need as many or as few as 300 aircraft?
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Syria?

Just getting the idea from a few articles on the DEBKA site.

Comment

This one, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                Syria?

Just getting the idea from a few articles on the DEBKA site.
                Why would we swat Syria from the air? They haven't been uppity enough to bother lately, and I don't think Bush wants to up the stakes just yet. And we still have a lot of aircraft in theater in Iraq.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                  This one, for example.
                  Why would we want to stop the flow, instead of just killing the *******s as they come in? If they want to try to infiltrate in that country against the Whining Chickens, let 'em. More good *******s to put on our scorecards.

Comment

Up until recently, we always swatted them from the air.

There's nothing there worth holding with troops, even if we had the troops, but if they are supplying guerillas and blowing up that pipeline in a bid to force us to re-open theirs, it may be time for some *****slapping from on high.

Comment

Well, if you put it that way...Whining Chickens?

Comment

Just a bunch of overblown hype and scaremongering from people with overactive imaginations...
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Probably a pre-emptive strike on the Peacewatchers at USAF’s Fairford and Welford bases in the UK.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

TMM, he meant to say Puking Buzzards.
                            "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

**shrug** Maybe we're getting ready to pound parts of the Sunni Triangle flat.
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X