No announcement yet.

If you were me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a tough call. I have a lot of friends that were, or are, in the military.

I agree with Verto's comment that the money for college has several conditions and terms that you need to fully understand and accept. It's not as easy or profitable as they advertise.

If you were faced with a life or death choice, could you live with it? Shooting someone is a horrible situation and one that you could be confronted with.

Its also possible you show up for weekend duties and it's kinda like a second job. I have some friends in the reserves that all they do is show up every other weekend and do maintenance on equipment.
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

if you want to be used as a political tool... then by all means join...
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Re: If you were me...

Originally posted by MrFun

So in other words, SlowwHand and MTG get on your nerves a lot??

(they may not have served in National Guard, but they did serve in military)
        I served in the military, have I ever gotten on your nerves?

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Space:

The question is for you the most important "pro" and the most important "con"

It seems to me the thing you areexpecting the most is "money for college", as did many recruits. And the thing you're fearing the most is to die for something dumb.

The question is: are you ready to risk your life in the military, for whatever task is required of you?

If the answer is yes, you should defeinitely go.
          If the answer is no, then you should definitely stay out of it.
          To enlist in the military is something far more significant than a purely financial question. You can always pay college by being a Civilian (like Speer, for example). But if you are a Civilian, you're sure not to die because of orders you consider moronic or because of wars you consider dumb.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
          X