Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO Turkey butted out, extra reservists from the US needed on Iraq.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Turkey
    @USA
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Actually quite democratic if you think about it.

Comment

The military is the yoke on any hope for real democracy and these people no matter how inept actually listen more to the opeople of turkey.
        as for the military i'm sure he'll have his hands full trying to infindge on greek airspace

Comment

of course they get negiative fashion/culture points when visiting foreign countries in the west since their wives of the pm or foreignminister wears the scarf.

Comment

I've been saying this over and over again, and I continue to say it: the US needs to establish foreign legion. Their 'threat' to US can be limited effectively, and it is possible to make it work in way that every other foreign legion failed (except FFL, it's good model and still working good).

Just think about it. What if, let's say Iran started pressuring the US? Sure, US can still handle Iran, but the army is already so streched and it will seriously to start take toll if further conflicts emerge soon.

Foreign Legion however should not be used to do 'peacekeeping' or deal with the mess that the active part of war brings to more 'peaceful' times. They should be used as spearhead, to be effective, to eliminate enemy forces without passions for religion, nationalities... True professionals.

Keep then highly movable, ready to be deployed at all times and ready to move in fast anywhere in the world.
            Somewhere from 20 000 or less at first, and maybe even that's pushing it. Deployed outside US at all times, to make security risks lower. Kept apart from the regular army, but partly integrated. To avoid possible enemy infiltration and possible sabotage missions. But partly integrated (perhaps officers.. maybe FFL style, officers mostly French).. there must be some kind of physical link, so there will be flexible co-operation between the two. In fact, it should be part of the regular army.

Highly trained, highly effective, wanting to fight for the legion most of all. Can not be used inside US, to prevent anyone from using the legion forces against its own citizens. OOoooooooooops I'm going little off topic here..

edit: active army personel and politicians can PM me for free consultation and developing services. Comission will be asked after Project American Legion starts and has funding. Thank you.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
            X