• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    My first measure of wealth would quality of relationships - God and Man

My second would be good health

My third would be control of time

My fourth would be inner peace

Material comfort would come a long way down the list.
    Alexander, you are a true philosopher. Your observation is true in many regards. Material well being does not necessarily translate into happiness.

Still in answer to the basic question, in America, it all about keeping up with the Jones. (An old saying here.)
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

why thank you Ned
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

wealth and poverty are relative. The richest Americans 200 years ago would kill to have a television, car and running hot water.
        Pentagenesis for Civ III
        Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

I don't give a damn about what others have particularly. It's only important when it impacts me directly. Thus I don't envy my friends or family, but if they are so poor that I have to take care of them their relative level of wealth begins to have more meaning for me. Of course the richer I am the less that means, as I can afford more largesse.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
            It's relative. I consider myself wealthy, but wouldn't be considered so by a great number of people. (particularily because my income is currently $0 and my networth only a couple thousand. )
            So I could buy you for a song, gut your assets and reduce your workforce and dump you in the market for a nice little profit. Cool!
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
            X