The story of my strange foot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The story of my strange foot....

I often sit with my left leg tucked in, so as a result less bloods get in, and there is a slight discolleration on my foot as a result-its been there for years.

For the last 4 or 5 months I've been wearing these REALLLLLY comftorable sandles that are SLIGHTLY too small(but still amazingly comftorable), so the back of it digs into my left heel.

The result of THAT is that a calus-well I'm not sure if you can call it a calus, has developed over the entire heel of my left foot and part of the flat part.

You know those plastic disposable cups everyone in the universe uses? I'd say the calus is as thick as 2 or 3 of the "walls" of the cup, or 3/5'ths of the rim.

The calus is starting to slowly peel off, think I should accelerate it and pull it off, or leave it alone-which is annoying with these rough edges.

Peel it off, with luck you can get a good quarter inch into the live skin before it tears off.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Leave it alone except to soak it in hot salt water and start taking care of your feet before you lose one.

Comment

amputation is necessary
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

reboot, reformat, reinstall.

sorry, it's automatic now.
          B♭3

Comment

You're lucky someone doesn't cut your foot off and beat you over the head with it for starting such a silly thread..

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
              reboot, reformat, reinstall.

sorry, it's automatic now.
              Isn't it reformat, reinstall and reboot?

Oh, as for your foot, use pliars to extract all the juice so the skin will dry solid. Then peel it off.

Spec
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I have to walk a lot at work, and have had areas of hard skin develop on my feet. It tends to happen in the areas where there is lots of presure, such as my heel or on the sides of my big toe. My girlfriend bought me a calus shaver thing that I use after a hot bath or shower and it shaves off the dead layers of skin on the calus, and reduces its size.

I normally only get hard skin when Ive been walking a hell of a lot (literally 30+) or I have new boots that dont fit right. Im loath to throw a bad pair of boots away, but sometimes I have to.

Its quite possible that this has nothing to do with your blood flow, and all to do with your shoes.
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Tuberski:
                  Why oh why did you stop being called "Deathtongue"?
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Most people hated it.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

You think that is odd, I can make every one of my fingers make a perfect "L" by bending the top joint 90 degrees. I can also pop out my lower thumb knuckle.

At will. When you're least expecting it.

Comment

Isn't it reformat, reinstall and reboot?

well, you want to reboot to make sure you didn't get a gammy boot in the first place.

then you reformat and reinstall.
                        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Feephi
                          You're lucky someone doesn't cut your foot off and beat you over the head with it for starting such a silly thread..
                          That slays me!
                          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                            Most people hated it.

ACK!
                            Most people are idiots.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I second Chegitz

Deathtongue ruled. Go back to Deathtongue already
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X