Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well... 4 Colts selected, none of them real surprises. Manning (will probably be starter), Harrison (automatic choice), Freeney (one of the best defensive players in the AFC), and Vanderjagt (perfect. Need I say more?).

On the NFC side, I'm surprised Culpepper got in over Hasselbeck, what with the Vikings collapse and Hasselbeck does have very good numbers for an NFC QB. And Carolina prove they are a no-name side, with Davis and the punter getting in.

Comment

• I'm suprised that no one on Carolina's D got in, but Davis and the punter ARE Carolina's offense .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Hm, I'm surprised that Derrick Mason got in. I selected Santana Moss as #4 for the AFC.

Comment

• Only one NE player selected?

And no Tom Brady?

Something is seriously wrong when the best team in football is so ignored.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Two NE players: Richard Seymour and Ty Law.

The AFC QB competition is a tough one. Besides, NE is more a team without any real individual show stealer.

Comment

• And no Tom Brady?
              Put it this way. Manning is going to be the MVP, and if he's not the entire MVP competition is a farce. Yes, Brady beat him, but look at the numbers. Brady's are pale in the face of Manning's. Yet another 4,000 yrd season, 28 touchdowns, the second best completion rate of a starting QB. McNair is a good QB with all round ability. After his early season performances, he was going to make it regardless of his injury. Trent Green has really stepped up this year, though I wouldn't have been surprised if Brady got in ahead of Green.

Comment

• I'm also surprised that LaDanian Tomlinson isn't there. He's a two-dimensional back putting up equally incredible numbers behind a banged up, bad offensive line and a quarterback position that has struggled all season. He's got the most combined yards in the NFL (2,011). He has 86 catches as an RB, possibly 100 catches.

What the hell does this guy have to do to make the Pro Bowl???

Comment

• if he's not the entire MVP competition is a farce.

Come on... if McNair won, I don't see how you could be too angry. It is, after all, the most Valuable player.

And yes, Green is just as good as Brady, so leaving Brady off the team is no big deal.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Come on... if McNair won, I don't see how you could be too angry. It is, after all, the most Valuable player.
                    After Manning having better numbers, beaten him twice and still hasn't missed a game? Yeah, I could be angry

Comment

• Yeah, I could be angry

You'd be dumb then .

Comment

• Okay, not necessarily angry, but at least it would make me think twice about the value of the MVP award.

If Manning didn't play football, then I would also think twice about the MVP award if Priest Holmes didn't get it, just to show I'm not supporting Manning just because I'm a Colts fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                          Only one NE player selected?

And no Tom Brady?

Something is seriously wrong when the best team in football is so ignored.
                          you know what that means- superbowl.

didn't the same thing happen 2 years ago when they won the superbowl?

Comment

• Week 16 eh... the business end of the season.

ATL @ TB: Vick is still sore after the Carolina game and that beating handed to him by the Colts D. Bucs lose McKay during the week, should be no problem though. Still fighting for their play-off lives, but barely.

TB wins by 14.

KC @ MIN: With Priest Holmes, the Chiefs are always tough to beat, but that leaky run defense is a hard blemish to ignore. Luckily, Moe Williams is only 24th in the run standings, so KC should take this one.

KC by 7

NE @ NJJ: New Jersey is snowy, cold, and a frozen tundra this time of year, though a team who play in New England should be no strangers to a blizzard. The Patriots keep proving they know how to avoid a letdown, and their Week 16 clash with the New Jersey Jets should be no exception.

BAL @ CLE: Cleveland are a dead stick, in controversy. They lack numbers, wins, names. Ironically, this is the orignal Cleveland Browns franchise versus the expansion Cleveland Browns. After last week's performance, you have to ask if the Old Browns are contenders or pretenders. They should get by the New Browns, however

Old Browns by 7

CIN @ STL: Figure the Rams to again be pushed to the limit against the explosive Bengals. Of possible playoff clubs, the Bengals are by far the most intriguing. This will be interesting, but the Bengals need to start winning on the road to have any chance in the Playoffs.

Sheep by 3

DET @ CAR: Carolina are in the play-offs, but have no chance of making the Week One bye. The Panthers have a division title, but how much momentum do they really take into the playoffs? However, they should pick up the win against a bad Lions team.

CAR to beat Car City by 14

MIA @ BUF: The December curse is coming alive, again. Expect to see New York State's only franchise to pile the points, and the snow, on a Miami team which is a poor team, all around.

Buffalo beat Marine Mammals by 3

NO @ JAX: I like the look of Jacksonville. They could be in with a shout next season. But this is this season, and the Saints' play-off hopes are on life support after their blowout against New Jersey Giants. Coupled with a Vikings loss, a Green Bay loss and a Bucaneers loss, the Saints could sneak up the rankings. Don't count on it though.

NO by 10

NJG @ DAL: The lone star team face the geographically mis-orientated New Jersey Giants. Now that the Cowboys' confidence has been restored, they have a chance to string together a couple of victories in their pursuit of a postseason berth. The Giants are expected to start young Jesse Palmer again, who showed glimpses of a good player in a poor perfromace against the Saints

Cowpats by 20.

TEN @ HST: The flaming thumbtacks take on the Houston Cows in an AFC South matchup. Injuries have plagued both teams, with McNair expected to sit again, but Carr coming back for the hapless Texans. With no Billy Volek to turn to, the Titans are back to hoping Steve McNair can push his aching body through the rest of the season and the playoffs. The Cows could spring an upset.

TEN by 3

WAS @ CHI: **** Jauron is fighting for his job, aided by a last gasp victory over the the Purple People in Week 15. Their rookie QB looked solid, though without big numbers, in Week 16. The Indigenous Persons' can't claim to have had success filling their QB spot, with Hasselbeck Jr. (the only NFL QB with a wife more famous than he is) having a near 0 passer rating versus Dallas.

CHI by 7.

SD @ PIT (Game of the Weak): Two teams with bad QBs. Maddox was overrated last season, and Brees hasn't a good number to his name. And with a bad OL, a bad QB situation, we all forget what a brilliant talent LaDanian Tomlinson is. A shame he's wasted at a bad franchise.

SD by 3

ARZ @ SEA: The only good thing Arizona brings to the NFL is that the NFC West gets an automatic 2 wins to begin the season. This is a BAD BAD BAD football team.

Seattle by 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999.

SF @ PHI: The class of the NFC is bearing down on a second crack at home-field advantage in the playoffs -- and the chance to get it right this time. They should beat a hapless 49ers team who can't win on the road

PHI by 14

DEN @ IND (My Game of the Week): It looks as if Peyton Manning has seized the opportunity to pull ahead in MVP voting. They are chasing Home-Field and will take it if KC stumble at the Purple People and they beat the Broncs in Indy. Although the Broncos don't expect to be without Clinton Portis for an extended period, losing him for just one game could be costly, and Indianapolis has the 3rd best Passing defence in the NFL.

IND by 7

GB @ OAK (MNF): And to wrap up a Week 16 preview, Monday Night Football from Oakland. As long as the Vikings insist on leaving the NFC North title up for grabs, the Packers are going to grab it. Oakland are coming off a big win versus Baltimore, and could continue the spoiler role against a banged-up Favre and a rolling Ahman Green.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frozzy
                              The Indigenous Persons' can't claim to have had success filling their QB spot, with Hasselbeck Jr. (the only NFL QB with a wife more famous than he is) having a near 0 passer rating versus Dallas.
                              Near 0?

I ran his stats through a calculator, and the outcome was -34.2.

Comment

• Now, now... you had your fun

ESPN presents the full 2024 NFL season team lineup. Includes rosters, schedules, stats and ticket information for all NFL teams.

His rating is actually 51.1

Comment

Working...
                                X