Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philidelphia versus New England superbowl.

How would it play out? New England beat Philidelphia early this season, but the Eagles are a better team now. Similarly, the Patriots are a better team, I think. Both have QBs who don't showboat, but just get the damn job DONE, like they're supposed to.

It would come down to a dog-eat-dog match, with each time truly battling it out. That is the superbowl match that I want to see.
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

• I still stick to my preseason KC prediction.

But New England is going to be one tough cookie to crack. Not to mention Indianapolis.

The AFC playoffs are going to be good this year. NFC is looking a little better, but really there are only 2 teams that have a good shot at making the superbowl.

Comment

• I'm not sold on Indianapolis. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something.
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

• I think this is Indy's year. And don't forget about the Broncos, they'll score an upset in this playoffs... maybe make it to the AFC Championship Game.

Portis, when healthy, is utterly amazing, and when Plummer is behind center, the Broncs can play with ANYONE (ask the Chiefs).

NFC is looking a little better, but really there are only 2 teams that have a good shot at making the superbowl.

I wouldn't count Carolina out just yet. They have the type of team that can make a run (a la the Ravens in 2000).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by monolith94
            I'm not sold on Indianapolis. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something.
            well until Peyton and Dungy can win in the playoffs (by win I mean go deep- I believe Peyton has a playoff win, and I know Dungy brought the Bucs to the NFC championship one year), I won't be completely sold either. But I wouldn't take them lightly this time around.

Comment

• It will all come down to who claims homefield advantage. Foxboro and Philadelphia are not sweet places to play in January.

For now, the Patriots and the Eagles have the edge in the race for homefield advantage.

Comment

• Great game last night. Not perfectly played, but two teams that really wanted it.
                Much fun to watch.

1. The Wanny Death Watch is in full swing. Chicagoans smirk, and nod knowingly.
                2. If Philly doesn't make it to the Super Bowl, whichever AFC team get there will win.
                3. What's the deal with McKay leaving Tampa to GM in Atlanta? Was there a conflict with Chucky, or what?
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• 4. Add Matt Millen to the death watch. He'll be toast by the end of this season.
                  "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

• If you think about it, luck really has been on Indianapolis' side this year:

1: Illegal onside kick @ TB
                    2: Dubious penalty in OT @ TB
                    3: FG off the upright @ TB
                    4: Injured McNair @ TEN
                    5: Portis is questionable v DEN
                    6: Manning is still not injured

Comment

• And apparently not on Tennessee's side

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Dec. 16, 2003) -- Titans backup quarterback Billy Volek will miss the rest of the season after lacerating his spleen during his first NFL start.

"It's one of those things that he would miss eight weeks at best, and that would encompass the rest of the season," team spokesman Robbie Bohren said.

Volek was hurt when he led Tennessee to a 28-26 victory over Buffalo. He had thrown for 295 yards and two touchdowns and ran for another while substituting for Steve McNair, who has an injured left ankle and strained right calf.

McNair, who was the second quarterback against Buffalo, is likely to start this week. He had played 43 straight games until missing the Bills' game.

The Titans originally reported Volek had soreness in his ribs. Volek complained of abdominal pain and was admitted to Baptist Hospital that night.

Volek's father, John Volek, said from Rocklin, Calif., that his son is angry he won't get another chance this season.

"He wanted an opportunity to play, and now it's been taken away," John Volek said.

The team's only healthy quarterback right now is rookie Jason Gesser, who has never taken an NFL snap.

Gesser, signed as an undrafted free agent, shared the Pac-10's offensive player of the year award with Heisman Trophy winner Carson Palmer, the No. 1 overall pick in this season's draft.

The Titans could sign Neil O'Donnell, who spent the 1999-2002 seasons with the Titans but was cut at the end of training camp. O'Donnell still has a home in Nashville.

The Titans (10-4) can clinch their fourth playoff berth in five seasons in Week 16 with a victory over Houston or a loss by either Baltimore, Cincinnati or Miami.

Comment

• I wish that it was easier to trade in the NFL. Because the Eagles have 2 backup QBs that are better than half the QB's in the league. Tennessee could certainly use Koy Detmer or AJ Feeley right now. I would hate to lose them, but if they could get a shot a permanent starting position elsewhere, I would like to see them traded.

Comment

• Frozzy, not nice to laugh at an injury. I understand the point, but you know...

Because the Eagles have 2 backup QBs that are better than half the QB's in the league.

Jeez... think very highly of your backups?

Must be an Eagles fan, because no one else would be silly enough to say that... just like Rob Johnson when he was backing up Brunell was better than half the QBs in the league?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Frozzy, not nice to laugh at an injury. I understand the point, but you know...

Because the Eagles have 2 backup QBs that are better than half the QB's in the league.

Jeez... think very highly of your backups?

Must be an Eagles fan, because no one else would be silly enough to say that... just like Rob Johnson when he was backing up Brunell was better than half the QBs in the league?
                            Imran, the self-proclaimed football genius.... When you throw around terms like "silly enough" to characterize others opinions don't you realize that it reinforces everyone's opinion of you as a bombastic arrogant troll?

It's possible the Eagles backups could be a Rob Johnson, but I think that they could be more like a 1999 Kurt Warner story instead. They both performed extremely well in McNabb's absence last year.

Comment

• AJ Feeley has some skills, but Koy Detmer is a hack.

IMHO.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Bring back O'Donnell!!!!!!!

He actually did fairly well in backing up McNair

Feeley could be a starter somewhere. Detmer is backup QB material. A good backup, but a backup nevertheless.

Comment

Working...
                                X