Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you guys think about Horn and the cell phone? I thought it was great. It wasn't disrespectful to anyone else, and it was taunting, so i don't understand why people are upset. Let em have some fun damnit
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaak
      What did you guys think about Horn and the cell phone? I thought it was great. It wasn't disrespectful to anyone else, and it was taunting, so i don't understand why people are upset. Let em have some fun damnit
      Joe Horn: "Can you hear me now?"
      Other end of the line: "Yes, I can hear you now. This is Paul Taglibue. Just to let you know, why your paycheck will be $10,000 less next week. Have a nice day". Click.

The NFL has been called the No Fun League under Taglibue for his no-nonsense approach to showboating/ extavagant behavior by players. Hmmm, sort of reminds of another moderator I know, although I can't quite remember his name off the top of my head....

D

Comment

• Originally posted by ixnay
        Say hello to the NFC NORTH LEADING GREEN BAY PACKERS!
        Don't the Vikings hold the tie breaker in case of a tie
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Confirmed. Vikes do hold the tie-breaker vs. GB.
          But if they stumble again, they're probably toast.

That interception Tillman stole from Randy Moss was a career-defining play. That kid has stones!
          HTF did the Bears end up with him????
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
            That interception Tillman stole from Randy Moss was a career-defining play. That kid has stones!
            HTF did the Bears end up with him????
            YES BECAUSE RANDY MOSS IS A GOD DAMNED *****! go P/NUT!
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• It actually appears that the Bears are an above-average team with all the rookies playing. Next year looks to be a break-out year. The only thing that can make or break next year is a mistake in retaining or choosing a new coach.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Actually, the Vikes' GB Tie breaker is a little messy at this point. According to ESPN:

Packers (6-2) would win NFC North based on better record in common games (vs. Lions, Bears, Seahawks, Rams, 49ers, Chargers) than the Vikings (5-3). However, if the Packers and Vikings both win out, their record in common games will be tied (They'd both be 8-4. The Vikings still play Kansas City and Arizona, both of which the Packers lost to, while the Packers still play the Raiders and Broncos, who the Vikings split with. That would add one loss and one win to the Vikings common games and two to the Packers, leaving them both at 8-4). The next tie-breaker would be conference record and the Vikings would be better.
                If both end up going 1-1, then it will matter which teams they beat and which teams they lose to. But at this point, thought the Packers might technically have a "lead" in a sense, the Vikes control their own destiny.
                badams

Comment

• Good point... my comment was based on them both winning out... which isn't going to be easy for either team
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Miami again proves December is not their month.

Comment

• It ain't like they played bad though. Philly is a damned good team and probably would have won in November as well .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• the defense was playing bad- at least by Miami defense standards. So many missed tackles.

Comment

• Hey Diss.............................................. .....................
                          .................................................. ..............................
                          .................................................. ..............................
                          .................................................. ..........................iffy

Comment

• I would have to say that Philadelphia, Indianapolis, and New England are three best teams in football right now, with the Rams and Kansas City just a step behind.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker
                              Hey Diss.............................................. .....................
                              .................................................. ..........................iffy

they wouldn't be iffy if it wasn't december. If it was a November game they would have won.

Comment

• If it was a November game they would have won.

Bull... Philly would have won then as well.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X