Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Patriots victory totally makes up for me making horrible picks.

I knew in my belly that the Bengals would win (I've been a fan of them since last year, I find their earnestness charming) but I had to vote with the goliath... sigh!

Man, it was great stickin it to them Cowboys. I screamed at the tv tonight, you can count on that...
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

• Ah yes, the Chief's lost their first game. While the popular pics were the Broncos, Vikings and undefeated seasons in an ESPN poll that I saw for the team to finally beat the Chiefs, it was a hot Bengal team that pulled the upset.

Hasn't the public learned yet that any given week the best team can lose and that thinking the Chiefs would win another 3 games to get to the Broncos game was highly unlikely?

And I really laugh at those who thought the Chiefs would go undefeated. While they keep winning games against a weak schedule, they have had many close calls. They seem just like Ohio State. Ohio State keeps winning, but aren't a dominating team like Oklahoma.
      badams

Comment

• okay, so i'm choking on my words about the cowboys....But i think they did show they are for real. The played a good game, with just a couple of mistakes.
        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• damn Bucs, I really thought they could continue to win every other game.

Naw, Carolina in week 2 showed the Buc's weakness. They can't stop a power running running north-south. Don't try to get too fancy, just keep shoving it down their throats.

And damn did Jake Plummer look HOT in his first game back. Glad I plucked him from the waiver wire when he got hurt and have him on my fantasy team. Looking forward to starting him .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Man I'm sucking at the pick 'ems this year.

Comment

• The Stooges did very well in the pick 'em this week.

9, 8, & 7 so far.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• But a slicker picker wins the week. (ME ) Too bad ming could only rack up 4 wins.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Back to back wins, Ming's turn next week
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I'd settle for ming getting more than 4 right.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• So would I
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker
                        Man I'm sucking at the pick 'ems this year.
                        Yeah, I'm horrible this year. I mean, really horrible. Hard to believe Team Rush isn't further behind in the standings.

Six right this week (assuming I'm wrong on the 49ers tonight ), and that's one of my better ones. A bettor taking the opposite of my picks would definitely be money ahead for the year.
                        Gotta confess, I've stopped caring.

Congrats on an excellent week, Rah.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The one week where I break out of my slump (since the week I missed, I've been HORRIBLE), and, of course, rah beats me. Damn mods .

Comment

• WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YEAH!

Bengals beat the unbeaten Chiefs!

First time we've been 1st place in our division for a whole 13 years!

First Seattle, then Baltimore and now Kansas City - is this the start of a new Bengals Dynasty?
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• For the record, I got about eleven or so right this week - twelve if the steelers pull it off!
                              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                              Drake Tungsten
                              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                              Albert Speer

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                                Yeah... another "interesting" week for picks.

And the Bears managed to gag, and they had St Louis on the ropes.

And the decision to not try a 57 yard field goal with 4th down, long yardage to go, and only 8 seconds left seemed moronic.
                                Yeah, I'll agree Ming. The Bears look really good for most of the game and could've won except for Paul Edinger. Not only did he miss a chip-shot field-goal, but he begged off an attempt at the 57 yarder at the end of the game. This is almost funny since when the Bears were playing badly the one bright spot on the team was the kicking of Paul Edinger.

Also, Chandler looks simply excellent on the one drive where the offensive coordinator apparently allowed Chandler to open it up. This just goes to show you that the Chicago Bears have a deep passing game that they are not using.
                                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                                X