Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand the Packers defense, Philadelphia has such all-pro receivers in Pinkston and Thrash(right!) why wouldn't you jam those guys at the line, they seemed to break away way too easy for their lack of talent. Or is it, that the Packers Harris and McKenzie(the hair twins) just *uck that bad.
    Excellent game against the Vikes last week and turn a turd here at Lambeau. Now we face a very angry Tampa, this should be a very heavily drinked game.
    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

I forsee the Pack getting revenge on the Bucs for last year's loss and Sapp's cheap shot during that game.

Comment

As for that lame article going about how the NFL is going downhill: I agree with Diss.

The NFC sucks? Could this be due to the league restructure? Seattle still looks good, are the Panthers still a NFC team? Anyway, I could really care less who is better AFC vs. NFC, it really all comes down to one team. All I hope for is some good play-off games and a great super bowl.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jac de Molay

I think this brings up some good points, especially the need for loosening the salary cap and more exemptions. Teams like the Lions and Bears, who used to be at least mediocre, are now stuck in a spiral of suckiness because they can't sign draft picks and attract top-notch free agents due to of cap restrictions.

Also very telling is the inability of Super Bowl teams to get back in again. Maybe parity works a little too well.
          Sure they can, it's their inability to do so that makes them suck.

Give them the first two picks and they'll screw it up, develop somebody and they will trade or release him.

It's the Front Office of those teams that make them suck, not the salary cap.

Look at the 49'ers, thay went from great team, to lousy team, to playoff team in three years, they had a lot worse cap problems than DEtroit or Chicago have, and yet they rebuilt.

ACK!

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The only valid point in that whole article was how the cap somewhat limits your depth, making some teams more sensitive to injuries. KC hasn't had any major injuries. Coincidence?

RAH
            And, yes, the Bears would still suck.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Give them the first two picks and they'll screw it up, develop somebody and they will trade or release him.
              Yeah, because in most cases, teams don't really have a choice in trading or releasing developed talent. They're forced into inevitable either/or choices because of the cap. They're not "screwing up" anything, they're dealing with the realities of the cap.

Look at the 49'ers, thay went from great team, to lousy team, to playoff team in three years, they had a lot worse cap problems than DEtroit or Chicago have, and yet they rebuilt.
              Oh, hot diggity dog. I know there's nothing I like better than a bunch of teams whose year-to-year performance looks like a sine wave from Hell. It's basically now the same team playing in different uniforms. Booooring.
              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Ummm, he never started a game last year, Imran.

Oops, 2 years ago, then. He threw 18 INTs and 15 TDs in 2001.

I hate the Bills. They lost 4 Super Bowls in a row last decade, when AFC sucked. They didn't even deserve to be there. I mean, it's like the AFC said "Is anybody going to the Super Bowl this year? Anybody??? Oh, alright, send the Bills". I think they are overrated and always have been.

You are on CRACK! The Bills teams of the early '90s were great teams. They simply couldn't get it done in the Superbowl. Thurmond Thomas is easily one of the best RBs of the 90s, while Kelly to Reed and Lofton and Thomas was a devestating passing attack. The Red Gun offense was a very potent one.

--

And yes, the article is full of crap .

Can anyone think of three truly compelling games in the NFL this season?

Easily. The Monday Night game between Tampa/Indy was one. The Denver/KC game where Hall's return won it for the Chiefs. SF/St. Louis where the Niners lost when their boneheaded reciever didn't get down quick enough.

That's among many other great games I've seen.

He's saying that most of the games have been subpar to mediocre because teams can't really "build up" because of the rather draconian restrictions.

Bull. Most games have been very good and well played. Some teams being able to 'buld up' are just going to lead to MORE blowouts like in the 80s.

--

Right now is the best time in NFL history. The game is better than it ever has been.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah, because in most cases, teams don't really have a choice in trading or releasing developed talent. They're forced into inevitable either/or choices because of the cap. They're not "screwing up" anything, they're dealing with the realities of the cap.

Oh, hot diggity dog. I know there's nothing I like better than a bunch of teams whose year-to-year performance looks like a sine wave from Hell. It's basically now the same team playing in different uniforms. Booooring.
                  Okay, another example, Pittsburgh Steelers. They always lose players to free agency and yet, until this year, they have remained competitive.

Again, because they have a good front office. Plus, the teams you mentioned Detroit and Chicago, who wants to play for them?

If they learn to keep the talent they develop, they will get free agents in there.

Cincinnati Bengals: what big name player in the last ten years has gone there? None. But, they are developing the talent.

This article sounds like a whiny excuse for Detroit and Chicago fans:

"Boo Hoo, we can't possibly win with this salary cap, even though 30 other teams are able to."

ACK!

ACK!

Comment

The game is better than it ever has been.
                    For sure Finally, some competition.

As a Niner fan I long for the good ol' days of consistency and mob tactics, but I am much happier now to be able to watch decent games, with each side having an actual chance at winning.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

i'm going to laugh my a$$ off next week when DALLAS BEATS the patriots. MARK MY WORDS THE BOYS WILL BE IN THE SUPERBOWL!
                      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

This article sounds like a whiny excuse for Detroit and Chicago fans:
                        Commie Someone needs to get thrown out of helicopter.

Okay, another example, Pittsburgh Steelers. They always lose players to free agency and yet, until this year, they have remained competitive.
                        What about the Steelers? They pretty much prove my point. They lost the Super Bowl in 95, havent been back since, and,to date, have 3 losing seasons and one barely above .500. In other words, distinctly average despite the fact they have a GREAT coach (best in the league, IMO), and a strong front office. So why aren't they better?

Cincinnati Bengals: what big name player in the last ten years has gone there? None. But, they are developing the talent.
                        The bengals eh? They've won one more game than the Lions have with 7 to go. Real up and comers.

"Boo Hoo, we can't possibly win with this salary cap, even though 30 other teams are able to."
                        Which teams? The mediocre Ravens? The mediocre Packers? The mediocre Vikings? The mediocre Bucs? They're all the same team! The names and uniforms are just different.
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Commie Someone needs to get thrown out of helicopter.
                          This is uncalled for, obviously struck a nerve.

Which teams? The mediocre Ravens? The mediocre Packers? The mediocre Vikings? The mediocre Bucs? They're all the same team! The names and uniforms are just different.
                          Then stop watching.

Who wants to see dynasties? Dynasties are boring, look at baseball, who cares if the Yankees win, their supposed to.

Baseball has no salary cap.

Give me Dallas coming out of nowhere to lead their division, Give me The Bucs standing at 4-5 and out of contention for divisional title.

Don't give me the Yankees in the World Series.......again........

ACK!

Comment

I don't like the salary caps. I like to see the same teams in the playoffs every year. It's funner to watch your team beat a team in the playoffs that maybe it lost to the year before than to watch your team beat some team in the playoffs that was maybe 5 - 11 the previous year.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I like a fair playing field... but I do wish they could come up with a system that helps the teams keep their veteran players who may not be the Super Stars... The current system sucks, but I like the leveling of the playfield that it provides.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"i'm going to laugh my a$$ off next week when DALLAS BEATS the patriots. MARK MY WORDS THE BOYS WILL BE IN THE SUPERBOWL!"

Yeah, right, whatever...

The Cowboys are riding high right now, but they're downfall is very, very soon.
                                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                                Drake Tungsten
                                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                                Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                                X