dw.bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q Cubed
    if she cheated on you, she wasn't worth it anyway. at least you found out before nuptials...
    Dude, I'm really sorry.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

sorry to hear that man. I know its nowheres near as bad as that but it might help some *shrug*, last month my girlfriend that I had had for a year broke up with me and started going out with one of our mutual friends 2 days later.

Comment

That struck a cord in me, Skanky. That was pretty much the same thing happened to me, oh so long ago. I know how you must feel. The word "betrayed" must be on the list of adjectives.

5 years... oh man, I feel for you.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Bummer, dude

Hang in there though; it's not your fault.

[BTW: Holy fark, UR is a mod ]

Comment

Sucking up can go a long way.

Actually, I'm hoping that his moderator status will reduce his general racism and bigotry now that he has to serve as a model for other posters.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Don't even pretend to be strong, keep falling until you hid rock bottom, dwell in it for a little while then slowly climb out of the hole.

And don't become a bitter man because of this, keep your sense og humour, it's your besttest mate at this point.

Good luck mate.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Sorry man. Many of us have been there, but few after such a long period together.

Comment

that sucks

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Dude, I'm really sorry to hear this.

I give you props for being confident enough in yourself to open up and post this thread. I don't know you, but I think that must say a lot about you.
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Sorry to hear that

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Its not all bad. I'm moving on with my life, had an interview for a new job today. I have also cleaned up the house (she was a slob) and redecorated. The house has a warmer feel to it despite the fact that only I live here now.

It still hurts though. I both love her and hate her at the moment.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          Its not all bad. I'm moving on with my life, had an interview for a new job today.

Comment

You seem to have accepted this pretty will Skanky

Perhaps at some level you feel that this is maybe for the best. At least you didn't get stuck in some loveless relationship with her cheating on you for any longer. I would be somewhat thankful that she cared enough to end it before it went on any longer. She can't deny her own feelings, and it sucks that you got dissed for it...

Anyway, it obviously wasn't meant to be, and you are too good of a person to be with someone who doesn't/didn't respect you.

Be strong, sounds like you have hit a crossroad in life. Enjoy the excitement of the unknown. God knows the duldrums life can hand out.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Gosh, it's harsh

You'll rationalize it out, and get the positive out of it soon enough. But for now, there is nothing wrong nor shameful in mourning about it and getting drunk.

What strikes me the most is the IRC thing. I understand that singles can be desperate enough to get hooked on IRC, but fiancees ?????
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Dude, that bites!
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X