Computer related eyes damage-ouch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer related eyes damage-ouch!

My eyes started to develop some kind of red "network" crossing the entire cornea, including some strange formations coming out of the extreme sides of the eyes SURFACE, looking like "pimplets" surrounded by an eerie bloody shadow.
    Already been to the hospital, which gave me some eyedrops (goddamn expensive eyedrops, 35 € wow if I was poor I couldn't buy poor people's shoes) and asking me to give up computer use for a while- of course that poor fool doesn't know the MAGIC of Apolyton, so if I have to put my health at risk, I'm asking you some advices, so just in case I become blind I can blame someone

Should I turn down brightning, put on a protective screen, or whatever?

Or maybe I shouldn't play Simcity for 5 consecutive hours of course, but I'd like beating new paths

(My eyes are already hurting me while I type this so just make this thread worth it )
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Do as your doctor said and stay off the computer as much as possible for a few days. Don't screw around with your eyesight, man.

Comment

when was the last time you slept, and are you sick?

the only time my eyes get bloodshot from being on the computer too long is when Im sick.

Comment

Wear sunglasses at night.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Damn you, DaShi!

Comment

Are you saying blood vessels are actually growing into your cornea?

If so, do what your doctor says or blame yourself when you become blind. I think you could then restore the eyesight by cornea transplantation, but I'm not sure.
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

A protective screen helps to alleviate the problem, but I'd do what your doc said and would try to stay away from the comp at least for a few days.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Don't turn blind, or you'll never experience the MAGIC of 'Poly ever again
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

LOL you're all right! Yes, I am sick and somehow worried because I've been in this condition for the last three weeks.. hmm

Awright, I'll log off for a cpl days and if you notice me online in this period feel free to insult me

More suggestions now!
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

four eyes!

Comment

Also, avoid using the computer in a dark environment. Always try to use it in a well-lit room, and it is good to pause from time to time, e.g., you could go drink some water or smoke a cigarrette every 30 minutes or something like that.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

great hint.
                        Cancer instead of Blindness..

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

The first thing I buy with every new computer is a monitor filter, the most expensive. It isn't worth risking your eyes.

Comment

Another thing which I read in some hacker's site is that if you are too tired from looking on the screen, increase brightness to maximum, turn off the lights and slip on nocturnal shades.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                              Another thing which I read in some hacker's site is that if you are too tired from looking on the screen, increase brightness to maximum, turn off the lights and slip on nocturnal shades.
                              Turn off the lights? Sorry, but this is a stupid idea. It is much better for your eyes to look at your screen in a bright-lit room rather than in a dark or no-light room.
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X