Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know a site to download games... not warez... a service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know a site to download games... not warez... a service?

Does anyone know of a website or service that allows you to pay for games and download them legitimately? I'm not looking for warez, don't talk about warez here. I want legitimate sites please.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Doesn't Yahoo do something like this?

Comment

Re: Does anyone know a site to download games... not warez... a service?

Originally posted by Sava
      don't talk about warez here.
      Yes, please don't.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't know... I'm looking around because I want to download games because I'm too lazy to go to the stores. I'm not talking about freeware, shareware, or even browser or cheap remake games, I'm talking about a site where you can pay for a game and download it.

thanks for mentioning yahoo... I'll look into it.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

[edit-removed. sorry!]

there's wildtangent, but they suck and kill your computer with spyware.

msn and yahoo both do a sort of download service, but yahoo has real games.
          Last edited by Q Classic; October 31, 2003, 10:59.
          B♭3

Comment

I just checked out yahoo, they have a decent selection of games, but not really what I was looking for. I want something that has the same selection as any retail store where I can just pay for the game and download it... not rent it, not subscribe to some monthly service to play 3D super solitaire... but real PC games.

the search continues...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

oh, and if you wanted to buy into it, there's always the infinium phantom console.

Check out the domain name Phantom.net and buy it today.

though i think it's vaporware. and if not, doomed.
              B♭3

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Try Yahoo games on demand, you can get the same ones from a retail store.
                  "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Please don't talk about the abandonware sites either. While it's a grey area, the management here has determined that since they don't have official rights on all the games there, they should be considered the same as warez sites. Another words don't discuss them.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Shockwave games are pretty cool...not as good as retail games but they can be a lot of fun! Try Couronne! I play it all the time.

Spec.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Well, Stardock offers their games online for downloading, and some publishers sell you their CDs online. Some games you can only buy from their online stores, I think Mind Rover Europa is one of these.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                        X