Plan My Life: Where Should I Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan My Life: Where Should I Go?

Some time in early January I'm going to Madagascar to do some sort of conservation project for 10 weeks. I don't know anything about it, please don't ask me. After which, I plan to take a few months and travel the world, starting probably with Australia and New Zealand, and moving on to the Americas and Europe.

I don't really want to do South America (at this point in time), but I need some good ideas of places, or areas with good concentrations of places I can visit in North America and Europe. Places I should see while I'm young and free and so forth.

Ideas?

Oh, and if anyone wants to offer me the use of a bed for a night or two, do feel free
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Pick me up a box, if you don't mind.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If I did, I'd have some difficulty getting back into the US...
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Smuggle. Get creative.

I'd like to go down both the Nile and the Amazon.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Madagascar, home of the lemurs...

nice

As far as America goes, what sort of sites would you be wanting to see?

Comment

what about Asia?
            CSPA

Comment

Texas, of course
              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by centrifuge
                As far as America goes, what sort of sites would you be wanting to see?
                I have two roughed-out ideas. The first is a continent wide polymeet, Texas, Chicago, New York tour, but I don't know if it's really the best way to see it.
                The other other is to fly into Vancouver, and see a little of the mountains etc. there, then fly to Chicago, and then to Montreal or NYC from there.

Much as I'd love to find a reason to come to Texas, is there really anything there worth seeing?

Asia I have neither the time nor the money to do properly, and they speak forrin.

Comment

Of course.

Comment

"Much as I'd love to find a reason to come to Texas, is there really anything there worth seeing? "

Armadillos
                    CSPA

Comment

Alaska
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

If you're going to Australia and want to stay for a while, get a Working Holiday Visa.
                        CSPA

Comment

Young man, go to YMCA. Or the Navy... see the seven seas and stuff. Or just Go West.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Oh hell. Visas.

Do I need a Visa for travelling into and through any of these countries for about a month?
                            USA, Canada, Oz, NZ, Fiji, Mexico.

And where's Mobius.

Comment

If you're at all interested in Korea, my nice warm floor (they're heated here) is available if needed.
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X