Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Longhorn is Just a Whole Lot of Bull. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Longhorn is Just a Whole Lot of Bull. . .

Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy; October 30, 2003, 17:34.
    HAVE A DAY.
    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

urgh.NSFW

Comment

C'mon! Why are you confused? Any can figure out this joke!
      HAVE A DAY.
      <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
      "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
      For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Azazel, it's a pun.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Not too many longhorn cattle in Israel, I guess

Ok, so this Texan is visiting Israel. He is visiting an Israeli farmer. The farmer says, Here we have 3 hectares of orange trees, here we have 2 hectares of cucumbers, here we have 5 hectares of cotton. A nice farm, dont you think?"
          Texan:"Boy, it takes me all day to drive from one side of my ranch to the other."
          Israeli:"Yes, i had a car like that once too"
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

hey this reminds me. is there a way to stop ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING from coming to the front? I dont mind it blinking, but I hate it when it interrupts me.

if not, they better have this feature in longhorn.

Comment

I believe TweakUI has an option, "Prevent other windows from stealing focus".

edit: Yeah, it's in there under the tabs General -> Focus

Comment

Actually Longhorn is named after a bar between the Whistler and Blackcomb ski resorts in B.C., a frequent stop when going from Whistler to Blackcomb

Oddly enough, Windows XP is Whistler and Longhorn's successor is Blackcomb.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And damn is that build old in the screenshot.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

They're at 4000-something now, aren't they?

But did they continue the count after XP (because XP "only" got to build 2600)?

Comment

ah, now I get it.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

The build they released at PDC was 4051.

I'm not sure if they kept counting after XP.

Comment

Count me among the s. Does it somehow have to do with the picture being a hayfield?

Comment

Longhorn cattle...JohnT...

Comment

Should I salvage this thread to talk about how cool Avalon, Indigo, WinFS, and WinFX are?

Longhorn is as much of an upgrade as OS 9 to OS X was, except even more extreme and will have a bunch of radical new features OS X isn't close to having. And it'll be fully backwards compatible, too, something Apple can't figure out how to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X