No announcement yet.

Strange backgrounds for making movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange backgrounds for making movies?

What's the weirdest reason for making a movie, you've heard?

About 10 years ago two danish comedian partners made 2 movies:

Jydekompaniet 1
    Jydekompaniet 3

They never made the first one (Or was it 2 and 3 they made... not sure). The reason for their choice: The first sequel to a movie is always the worst movie in the series (Or at least they thought so). This is why they didn't make a second movie, but moved to the 3rd movie instead
    This space is empty... or is it?

Excellent decision on their part.
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

Jødekompaniet?

Anyway, wasn't there a Naked Gun 33 1/33 or something (with Leslie Neilsen)? Don't remember if they skipped #2.
      CSPA

Comment

there was a Naked Gun 2 1/2
        Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

My first movie will be suffixed "II", just to confuse the public.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
            My first movie will be suffixed "II", just to confuse the public.
            Hah, that might have worked BEFORE Episode II came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
              Jødekompaniet?

Anyway, wasn't there a Naked Gun 33 1/33 or something (with Leslie Neilsen)? Don't remember if they skipped #2.
              Not Jøde but Jyde (Don't know if this actually shows up correctly on non-danish computers... but I would guess so)

And yes, there's a Naked Gun 2½, but indeed strange numbers they chose... anyone who knows if there's a specific reason to take those weird numbers?

Comment

Its meant to be "amusing"

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yes, I know... but maybe there where a greater reason...

Don't get me wrong, I really like this way

Comment

You know, there's a story that when they filmed the Britich play, "The Madness of George III," they changed the name to "The Madness of King George" because they were afraid that, if they used the original title, Americans would think it was a sequel to a really obscure horror film they'd never seen.

The story doen't seem to be true, but it's a great story nevertheless.
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Trivia for Madness of King George

"While not wholly true, director Nicholas Hytner has confirmed that it was 'not wholly untrue'..."
                      "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

And as fas as strange backgrounds for making movies, Ed Wood's managing to get Plan 9 from Outer Space financed by his church must certainly make everybody's short list.
                        "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Working...
                        X