Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it wrong to profit off of corporate corruption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boshko
    You buy the rights to sell a stock at a given price over a given amount of time. If the stock goes down then you make money buy buying the stock for a low price and then selling it at the higher price you paid for the rights to sell it for.
    I think that's warrant.

Shorting is basically selling stocks you don't have, "borrowing" them from a friendly broker. If the company goes into a tailspin, you can buy them back at a much lower price. You make the difference in price.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
      hey, vesayen, you should really buy into SCO.
      Hey, that's a good idea, since the whole SCO fiasco is a pump-and-dump scheme.

So short the damn thing. It will die soon.
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I've never been able to wrap my brain around how it works. It just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

/me sits down next to che....
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I have a book by an internet comrade/friend of mine, Doug Henwood, Wall Street. He devotes a whole chapter to derivatives, and I've never gotten past that chapter. Guess it's time to try again.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Is that the book about how brokers screw people over on derivatives?

Comment

I actually understand it very well. thank you, RRT2.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                Is that the book about how brokers screw people over on derivatives?
                It's just about how the whole invetment scheme works, from a Marxist viewpoint.

Left Business Observer
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                X