I wonder why....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder why....

Some things I just wonder about...maybe you guys can clear me up on somethings like:

Why is it that when I buy hard cookies they get soft and when I buy soft cookies they get hard?

Why do Kamikazees wear helmets?

When people say:"just a second" it NEVER takes a second.

When I call a company and the IVR tells me:" Your call is very important to us...". How do they know, they dont even know who is calling...and they dont even know WHY I'm calling....And if it WAS important somebody would be there to answer me.

Why do women speek a whole different language than us. Like no means yes and yes means no, kitchen is awfully small means I want an other house, turn off the lights and be romantic means my tighs are fat and I dont want you to see them and so on....

When poeple say:'' how's it going?!" they really dont give a ****. And on top of that people always answer yes beacause if they ever say "No..." they know they'll have to start a conversation.

When you cross people for the second time in the day at the office instead of saying "Hi!" again you just give them the mandatory Eyebrow and on the third time you just try to avoid eye contact?

and so on....

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

turn off the lights and be romantic means my tighs are fat

If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

why does this come up

"The server is too busy at the moment. Registered users are given priority on the server, feel free to register using the form below. Otherwise please try again in a few minutes. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
      Logged in user: reds4ever [logout]"

even though I AM registered?

Comment

It's obvious that, while all members are registered, some are more registered than others.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

One would expect such a question from a 2001 registered newbie.

*retreats back into his circle of Inner Party members. With their special forum. And discotheque*

Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Another question...if sunflower oil is made from sunflowers, and olive oil is made from olives, what do they make baby oil from?
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
              One would expect such a question from a 2001 registered newbie.

*retreats back into his circle of Inner Party members. With their special forum. And discotheque*

*ahem!* I'll have you know I've had several other nicknames on this board going back longer than 2001!

Comment

Why is the word abbreviation so long?

What's another word for thesaurus?

What do people say they are going to "take a sheit" when the actually leave one?

Why is it "a pair of pants" or a "pair of glasses" but not "a pair of shirt"?

Why do people say "What's up?"? What they hell kind of question is that?!

Why do Europeans drive on the left side of the road and everyone else on the right?

It's a strange, stupid world...
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Why do Europeans drive on the left side of the road and everyone else on the right?

What?

Comment

Don't worry, it's that American multicultural education
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

British people, not europeans....And WHT DOESN'T NISSAN SELL SKYLINES IN NORTH AMERICA!!!

Spec.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

What?

What's multicultural education?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Well since he seems to think that Europe is all one country and it's the same as Britain I suppose we should be flattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                            What's multicultural education?
                            Precisely.

Comment

oh

British people, not europeans
                              Thanks for not keeping me in the dark like all PH and FP who would rather redicule than educate... Crazy Brits
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X