sleep deprivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleep deprivation

why is it that when I havent slept in a few days my imagination thinks before I do?

You are boring your consciousness, and Apolyton.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: sleep deprivation

Originally posted by Space05us
      why is it that when I havent slept in a few days my imagination thinks before I do?
      Because your body begins to realize it's sleep deprived and authorizes itself to go directly from "i'm feeling sleepy" to REM sleep, skipping all the stages.
      Therefore, your imagination begins to rapidly activate as if its beginning to dream. If you lucid dream, you'll know what Im talking about.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

right now the road outside my house looks exactly like the lagoon, which is frozen over right now. and shiny stuff is scaring the poo out of me.

Comment

What is the point. Sleep 8 hours a night.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

that on top of thing shifting shades, like the roead and my computer monitor, and time is going by really slowly.

Comment

Get some sleep man!
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

What is the point. Sleep 8 hours a night.
                Im kinda depressed right now and Im having a hard time with insomnia, Ive tried going to sleep numerous times today and I cant fall asleep.

Comment

You're depressed because you're not sleeping. Lie there for eight hours and give your body rest, anyhow.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I get bored just laying there. Ive taken sedatives but all of the ones I can find OTC are either too strong and make me sleep for 13+ hours and wake up feeling like I have a cold, or are too weak and just make my body numb.

bubbles in the road, I know its not real but there it is all same

Comment

run into the edge of a door really hard
                      be free

Comment

Go to bed! Serious sleep deprivation can have very deleterious health effects.

Although actually I have found that I seem to function better on less than 8 hours...I feel too drowsy the next day if I have this much. 6.5-7 seems to be nearer the mark for me.
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

use melatonin
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Space05us buddy! Sounds utterly perfect for a marathon game of civ!

Unable to sleep and just a hint of insanity.
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

It could be worse, one time I had a party with some friends and was slightly sleep deprived. I was totally nuts and my friends thought someone must have spiked something I drank with drugs (they hadn't). Strange thing is it only happened that once and I've had that little sleep other times and been totally normal.
                              Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
                              To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

Working...
                              X