Apolyton name weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton name weirdness

I was driving around kirkland washington a few days ago when i saw a sign saying "vote for dave asher" weird since ashers name is in fact dave.

*que twilight zone music*
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

But Asher might really be running for public office! After all, Apolytoners come from all walks of life and different backgrounds.

Comment

This reminded me of something random that I saw on Jay Leno's "Headlines".

It was a picture of a campaign lawn sign for a candidate named Rich White. It said "Rich White Republican for Governor."

Don't ask me why I thought of that.

I see people who I think look like apolytoners all the time. Its kinda weird.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

My office is based in Redmond.

Vote Asher 2004!
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You got my vote!!

Comment

LMAO, bill sends his best regards and wishes you luck on the campaign trail.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I was driving around kirkland washington a few days ago
              That is bizarre. You were actually moving? Must not have been afternoon rush hour.
              "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

i remember leno showing a clip that was an announcement for a happy-peters wedding.
                B♭3

Comment

I temped in a council office in Newcastle some years ago, and was told a (probably fictional) story about an old lady who had decided to remarry in her later years. She was called Fanny, as many old ladies at that time were, and some still are, and there is nothing inherently funny about that, but her prospective beau had the name of a Newcastle suburb as his name. Which might have been fine if he was called Andrew Elswick or Andrew Shiremoor, but to marry Andrew Wideopen.......

Comment

so one time, at debate camp...

i knew this girl who had the unfortunate name of randi hooker.
                    B♭3

Comment

at the language school i went to, there was a navy girl, whos last name was Stain. this is much funnier if you know that the entry rank of the navy (like "private" in the army) is Seaman.
                      -connorkimbro
                      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

connorkimbro, that's just priceless!

Not as funny, but we had a guy in the army whose last name was Major. Few confusions 'is Major here?'
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

major major major major tried to ensure he was never in the office.
                          B♭3

Comment

Working...
                          X