Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banging my head against a wall.

Have you felt like that sometimes??

That some of your days just feel like they're out of your control as you go from one type of work to another and still finding yourself behind, that you JUST WANT TO BANG YOUR FOREHEAD AGAINST A WALL, but then you realize that if you did that you would get concussion??

oh well . . . .

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

If I were you MrFun, I'd find the hardest, pointiest, roughest wall I can and hit with full unimpeded force... Just kidding. What ailes ya?

My job always seems to be one step forward two steps back, and there is nothing I can do about it, but I still get blamed. Ah well.

If it helps, don't skip from one type of work to another. Just keeping doing something until your done, and then move on. At least then you will have a feeling of accomplishment even though your still behind... then, you can procastinate!
    Monkey!!!

Comment

looks like a good thread title for cheesy 80's metal lyrics.

1. Metal Health

Well I'm an axegrinder Piledriver
      Mother says that I never never mind her
      Got no brains I'm insane
      Teacher says that I'm one big pain
      I'm like a laser 6-streamin' razor
      I got a mouth like an alligator
      I want it louder
      More power
      I'm gonna rock ya till it strikes the hour

[CHORUS 1:]
      Bang your head! Metal Health'll drive you mad
      Band your head! Metal Health'll drive you mad

Well I'm remonstrated
      Outdated I really want to be over-rated
      I'm a finder and I'm a keeper
      I'm not a loser and I ain't no weeper
      I got the boys to make the noise
      Won't ever let up
      Hope it annoys you
      Join the pack
      Fill the crack
      Well now you're here
      There's no way back

Metal Health'll cure your crazy
      Metal Health'll cure your mad
      Metal Health is what we all need
      It's what you have to have

[Solo]

Bang your head
      Wake the dead
      We're all metal mad
      It's all you have
      So bang your head
      And raise the dead
      Oh yeah!
      Metal Health
      It's not too bad
      Bad Bad

[CHORUS:]
      Oh get your straight-jackets on tonight Oh
      Bang your head! Metal health'll drive you mad
      The bad boys are gonna set you right Rock on Rock on Rock on
      Bang your head! Metal health'll drive you mad
      Bang your head!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
        If I were you MrFun, I'd find the hardest, pointiest, roughest wall I can and hit with full unimpeded force... Just kidding. What ailes ya?

My job always seems to be one step forward two steps back, and there is nothing I can do about it, but I still get blamed. Ah well.

If it helps, don't skip from one type of work to another. Just keeping doing something until your done, and then move on. At least then you will have a feeling of accomplishment even though your still behind... then, you can procastinate!
        I have two research projects that I need to get done in less than two months, that were assigned at the begginning of the semester. And it's not because I'm a slacker -- I got a part-time job as an intern, and most of my weeks are used up reading the assigned readings for each of my courses.

I started one research project a couple of weeks ago, but haven't gotten very far.

And I'm not a slacker just because I need some free time every now and then to prevent insanity and despair. So don't even go the route of preaching to me (not you Japher, but maybe others) . . . .

But has anyone else felt this crazy recently themselves??

Comment

you know that the new computers all tend to have color coded plugs, right? green spkr to green spkr jack, blue monitor plug to blue monitor socket...

well, there's an end user at the network i run. she constantly asks me why her sound isn't working. every time i go, i see it's because she stuck the green plug into the pink socket.
          B♭3

Comment

I like to put my pink plug into women's pink sockets.

Comment

Re: Banging my head against a wall.

Originally posted by MrFun

That some of your days just feel like they're out of your control as you go from one type of work to another and still finding yourself behind, that you JUST WANT TO BANG YOUR FOREHEAD AGAINST A WALL, but then you realize that if you did that you would get concussion??

oh well . . . .

Funny you should ask.
              Every single time I come here.
              By now, my forehead is just a mass of lumps.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I am a headbanger. I grew up in the 80's, and I listened to heavy metal music.

So I was required to be a headbanger.

Comment

Re: Re: Banging my head against a wall.

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Funny you should ask.
                  Every single time I come here.
                  By now, my forehead is just a mass of lumps.
                  And you still love this place.

Anyway, since none of my graduate courses this semester require exams, I might opt to only read some of the assigned material -- I shouldn't have any problems with discussion participation this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                    you know that the new computers all tend to have color coded plugs, right? green spkr to green spkr jack, blue monitor plug to blue monitor socket...

well, there's an end user at the network i run. she constantly asks me why her sound isn't working. every time i go, i see it's because she stuck the green plug into the pink socket.
                    Maybe she's color blind??

Comment

Don't mind geting a little behind and just enjoy banging your head.
                      Last edited by General Ludd; October 27, 2003, 23:22.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Effort is futile.
                        You cannot escape this he11.
                        Zen becomes your friend.
                        -30-

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                          Don't mind geting a little behind and just enjoy banging your head.
                          You should have told me the secret to your way of dealing with stress (banging head on wall) a long time ago.

Comment

Re: Banging my head against a wall.

Originally posted by MrFun

oh well . . . .

I tend more towards wanting to rig that with C4 and blowing it sky-high.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Maybe it could correct a few things up there.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X