Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's a "Republican," infidel?

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

No, they're just going to report that the weak kneed zionist-loving crusader infidels have been defeated and are running away, so now is the time to strike even harder for the glory of Allah.
    Well that's the actual cluster****. You escalate it, you lose. You withdraw, you lose.
    “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

• Bush's mouth wrote a check his ass can't cash

Damn, I'm envious when someone else can state the point so lucidly.
      "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
        I just want to be sure people understand -- just because some of us oppose the policies of the Bush administration, does not mean we loved Saddam Insane, nor do we wish more casualties so we can masturbate over another "Vietnam" crisis to prove our point.
        Exactly. Some people on this forum seem to instantly tar people they disagree with with the most negative brush possible...

Whilst I am totally against how this war came about - I certainly don't take any glee in seeing innocent British and American soldiers getting killed because of the proclivities of their masters - their deaths actually make me more angry about the whole situation.

What I want to see now is the US and her allies to take Iraq by the scruff of the next and really take this 'war on terrorism' to the terrorists and ba'athists! Sure in the short run it might seem like a bitter pill to swallow, but this 'war on the cheap' is rapidly proving to be a false economy...

America cannot be seen to run away or give up - and to that end public opinion cannot be allowed to continue to erode in the way it is now.

People on this forum are constantly talking about this being another 'Vietnam'. Personally I try and avoid that comparison, but it could be argued that when America lost the war in Vietnam, she lost it not against the communists but against her own public...

Originally posted by MtG It's not a cluster**** yet. We only have one or two ****ups going at any given time, we're not near the density of ****ups it takes to make a cluster****.
        I know, you're right - I just have a soft spot for the word...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Mobius, hopefully France Germany and Russia will soon see Iraq in the same terms and contribute something, preferably troops, to help win that war. A major problem, you will concede, is the perception that this is a war against America, and not a war against the world.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
          X