... for the lost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... for the lost.

listening to Alice In Chains, i was struck with a thought: what a waste. Layne Staley dead of a drug overdose. how many people have we lost to stupid garbage that could have easily avoided?
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

yep. So true.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Better then all off them turning in to Mick jagger & Co IMO, a shame, sure, but a necesairy one at that.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

yeah, but what about David Bowie. all i'm saying is that Alice In Chains, among other groups could have had at least a few more albums...

Comment

I miss Cliff Burton.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

what about David Bowie

Bowie turned middle of the road a long long ago...
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

Given the high % of rockers who have gone the route, it would appear than musical talent does not translate into minimal survival skills. Killing yourself with recration drugs, what dip****s9 from whatever field or background).
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Artists are typically aflicted with some sort of mental disease. The same madness that allows us to see the world at a slightl different angle also tends to get us to kill ourselves either through our excesses or suicide.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

the problem with Alice in Chains is they were already broken up essentually when he died.

But I do like their 3rd album (the one with the 3 legged dog on the cover). I don't think it did as well as the others, but there are some decent songs on that one.

Comment

from what i remember they took a break so layne could go do drugs or whatever...

Comment

Working...
                    X