Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared and Angry — Spent Hours in Emergency Room

Everyone:

I was part of a group touring a Halloween attraction when, stumbling about in pitch blackness in a maze of sorts, I tripped over something on the floor and came down on a nail.

It tore a 2-inch gaping slash on my calf. God. There wasn't so much pain as there was blood flowing everywhere (puddling, really), and pieces of fat were torn out as well.

I ended up in the emergency room for nearly three hours. Had a tetanus shot, multiple novacain injections, twelve sutures and will now spend the next 10 to 12 days nurturing a still-seeping wound (doc said that was to be expected for 24 hours or so) that's going to leave a roughly 2-inch "ridged" scar of sorts. My leg is still throbbing, and will likely continue to do so for some time.

I have to watch for infection, but mainly avoid it by changing my bandages three times a day and, before applying new ones, use anti-bacterial spray on the wound (letting it dry before applying the new bandages).

Talk about a terrible night. I had plans on enjoying the Halloween attraction and then going to a movie. Struck out twice. All I can say is at least it wasn't worse, and that everyone involved has insurance.

One more thing. My suffering was put in perspective when I saw a woman being wheeled out in a gurney, an IV drip attached to her. She appeared to be unconscious.

Still, I'm scared and angry.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWW
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

lawsuit time

Comment

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm watching spots of blood dot the bandages now. Good grief.
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

well just be thankful it wasn't YOUR BALLS
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ouch.
            Just be thankful it wasnt more serious. Many people do fall on nails and much graver consequences come from it. All you have to deal with it pain.
            (Apathetic, I know, but...)
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Sue 'em .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah. Sue them into the ground.
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Heh. Yeah, at least it wasn't my ball sac that got torn open. :shudders:

As for legal action ... well, all I care about right now is healing and getting the insurance straightened out. If they (i.e. attraction operators) play nice (and I prey, er, pray they do), it'll simply be a matter of two insurance companies settling things out and possibly reimbursing me for up-front costs.

Gatekeeper

Comment

Sue 'em anyway . Help out your friendly neighborhood attorney .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hey, aren't you in training to become a barrister?

Comment

[slightly russian accent]

AMéRjICA..., what a couwntry !!
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Sorry to hear about that, hope the pain goes soon.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Get well soon. And if you fancy you can hire Imran to handle the lawsuit. Free of charge of course since he'll be practising. As long as you don't end up in jail, it will benefit both sides

Comment

LAWSUITE!11!!!!
                              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Working...
                              X