Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is America moving back towards the left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkspider
    It depends on who you ask, liberals will say yes, conservatives will say no. The correct answer? Yes.
    Actually, sometimes this perception can be flip-flopped.

Republicans can believe that liberalism is on the rise again, out of fear and worry even if they wish against this.

And Democrats can believe that liberalism is going to be dormant for a longer period of time out of feeling of despair even though they may wish for the rise of liberalism.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Short answer: yes
      Medium length answer: Liberals, led by Howard Dean, are now speaking up, and so now the gulliable people who base their opinions only on what other people think and don't think for themselves won't all be conservative.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

crap, i pressed the wrong button.
        B♭3

Comment

Why should the bestseller lists for books dealing with politics be used as a indicator for the poltical sentiments of the people? Instead I would use them as an indication over how much the people are ready to pay to read crap that supports their views.

Comment

Over the long term (say 30 years) demographics are in the demo's favor, the rural small time backbone of the Republican Party is starting to get a bit old. This will hurt the Republicans in the same way that the demise of a unionized industrial working class as a viable voting bloc has hurt the left all over the place.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
              crap, i pressed the wrong button.
              So THAT'S why I saw a huge mushroom cloud over Washington DC.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
                Over the long term (say 30 years) demographics are in the demo's favor, the rural small time backbone of the Republican Party is starting to get a bit old. This will hurt the Republicans in the same way that the demise of a unionized industrial working class as a viable voting bloc has hurt the left all over the place.
                This should already be hurting the republicans. There really is not much of a reason why the republicans should have won my state (Nevada) in 2000. Our population in Las Vegas is easily double the rest of the state now. Though I admit my city is more conservative than other big cities. The main reason is people flee the other big cities to get away from high taxes.

It is time the democrats realize people are tired of paying high taxes. There is a reason people are fleeing California to Las Vegas.

So until the democratic party rebuilds, and comes up with a plan for the country (instead of just bashing Bush and the republicans), they will continue to struggle in presidential elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                  Why should the bestseller lists for books dealing with politics be used as a indicator for the poltical sentiments of the people?
                  Especially because Republicans can't read.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

funny, they were dominating the bestseller lists two years ago...
                    B♭3

Comment

It was a joke.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

funny, i thought i'd put the in...
                        B♭3

Comment

Damn server loads.

Comment

next time, make funnier jokes

Comment

I don't know about America as a whole, but the leadership of the Democrat party have moved sharply left. In the debates, the stronger the anti-war message, the louder the applause. The more the appeal to class warfare, the louder the applause. I was "amuzed" in the last debate by the candidates lamenting the harsh conditions the "immigrants" were having in the southern deserts. NAFTA and the WTO are routinely decried. Protectionism is now labelled "fair trade." Every candidate talks about this or that new program he will bring the people, promising to pay for it by raising taxes on the rich. Corporations and their executives are labelled evil.

One would almost think that these people were communists.
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Wow Ned, you mean the Democrats finally have a clue ?
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X