Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cat owners read this carefully...

Your houses smell.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Re: Re: Cat owners read this carefully...

Originally posted by Maquiladora
      Your houses smell.
      Yes..but you can combat that with candles and other herbal remedies..

LOVE over comes a lot, but yes..cleaning their catbox and getting the cats "fixed" helps a lot, not completely. but considerably..

But you are correct, just a trade off is all..

Peace

Grandpa Troll
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

damn.

Well, dogs have their share of trouble, as well. You've gotta look after your pets, don't let them just walk around.

Luckily, their exploding populations keep them well at bay.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Even the best cat owners dont know their houses stink until you tell them, worse people keep the litter tray in the kitchen of all places.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

worse people keep the litter tray in the kitchen of all places.

Living on a appartement doesn't always offer many posibilities.
            I keep it in the kitchen too, next to the door of the terras/porch*(which is 1m2 ).
            It's the only place I can clean with a lot of water (pushing it to the drain on the terras/porch.

* what is it called btw? If someone could give me the excact term please
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Sorry Data .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

My sympathies for the loss of your family-member and friend.

FIV and feline leukemia are pretty common, and very lethal. I've had all my cats indoors since 1989, when Fridge was mutilated a few days before Halloween (he was a black cat) and needed 360 stitches, drainage tubes, and lots of intervention to put him back together. He died two years later as a result of a blood transfusion in his early critical care, and the DX was FIV. Interestingly, none of the donor cats (mine and his trauma veterinarians, who I'd known for years) ever showed FIV symptoms and they never died from the disease, so apparently healthy cats can act as carriers.

One of the advantages to living south of the border is that "fortress" style houses are easily affordable, and so the cat herd and cat herders (the two dogs) can live "outdoors" - just within our walls and completely isolated from any interaction with other dogs/cats/humans or any other hazard.

The infection rates are pretty low, thankfully - over the years, I've rescued 60-odd stray cats of all ages, and over a dozen stray dogs, and despite their street stray time, Fridge is the only one I've ever had that has died prematurely due to any of the common canine or feline infectious diseases.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

So it is like an epidemic, people?
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Datajack Franit, I'm sorry to hear that.. It's painful to see your beloved pet in pain and go..
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

MTG- yes, infact the big, yellow cat that probably infected mine is still roaming in the gardens around here, it's very similar to humans, which can carry AIDS and infect people without even knowing because they feel good, for being just un-infected carriers (what kind of horrible, twisted people would hurt animals in THAT way? sorry to hear that )

Azazel- yes, it is. It seems that millions of cats worldwide die each year because of these two diseases

Pekka and others- thx for the kind words, I'm glad I noticed the disease so late because he was able to stay home cozy and purring until his very last hours before being hospitalized, infact it was the antibiotic reaction severely damaging his liver to kill him while asleep, but that prevented him any kind of suffering
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                        -
                        My cat is now 1.5 years old, and got a deep bite on his leg about 3 weeks ago that is still healing

Cats have a tendency to overclean their wounds and thus not letting it heal, just go see a vet.
                        -
                        Don't forget to go to the vets for their anual shots people !!
                        I did/have done both. The vet told me it should take 3 weeks to a month to heal.
                        Pentagenesis for Civ III
                        Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

I lost a cat to leukemia...I feel for you...
                          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                          X