How do you deal with death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with death?

There's death everyday, so I don't mean that kind of death. I mean deaths that are very close to you. By this I don't even mean a relative etc.. I mean you, yourself. How do you feel about that? Yes, we are all going to die, so are you and me.

And another thing, how did you deal with your parents death? I mean, my old man is getting older every time I see him. I know I said I didn't ever want to see him again, but things have changed a lot and I make the time to see him at least once a week. But every week he is older. How do you deal with that? He's in good health and looking for many years to come I hope, but how do you deal with the fact, that they start needing help some day? I mean, you do want to help them naturally, all you can do, but it just brakes my heart even to think about that they can't manage the daily things themselves and become pretty much like small kids again, needing help. They must be frustrated... and seeing they are frustrated, that's the worst I guess.

And sooner or later you get this feeling, that some day it's going to happen you know.. not tomorrow, maybe not next week, maybe not in next 5 years.. but soon. How do you deal with that? I try to think that's what happens to everyone and it's natural, but I usually get angry at nature anyway, because it's mightier than me .. Personally I try not to think about it too much, but lately I haven't been able to get my mind out of it.. I go as far as start seeing the funerals and all in my mind.. that's just depressing
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

And how about you oldies, how do you feel about it, since when you get older, there are more funerals to attend all the time.. friends and everyone is starting to go away. I myself threaten my inner organs and heart not to give up on me ever, and I think they're scared of me so they don't even dare to try that one, because I'd start beating on them.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Meditation and realization.
      Realization that you are a small speck in the grand universe, and that nothing you do will probably be even remembered let alone missed.
      Realization that most people will probably have forgotten your name in a hundred years.
      Realization that you will be either reborn into a new form or become an ascended master.
      Realization that this cycle never ends.

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I don't deal with death, death deals with me....
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Tass, Yeah I guess that's what I try to think. That's life.
          I'm not so worried about my own behalf, I mean if I go today, it would truly suck and I'd miss many things I'm looking forward to do and see, but I have no pity for myself. But I do feel bad often when I think my old man is starting to finish his journey some day.
          In da butt.

Comment

You're correct in the attending more and more funerals, Pekka.
            Personally, I don't know how a person of no faith can bear it.

As far as me dying, I'm not worried. At least not for me.
            And since I'm a person of faith, I fully expect my daughter to realize and bear it, since she's of faith also.

That said, it was difficult sitting through the night with my dad when he was leaving.
            My brother's couldn't deal, and went to the house.
            Sooooo, I stayed the night with him.
            Next morning during shift change, 6:30 or so, he left.

It's the things that don't get said that cause brain drain.
            Knowing that, be sure and say them.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My daughter was 2 years and 8 months old, and we went to the graveyard to put a flower on my father's grave on Christmas Eve. I told her that "Grandpa is sleeping under this stone" and she replied: But dad, how can someone sleep when he's dead?
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

My way to deal with death is very simple: I've decided I'll hadncraft my own death very precisely, to be a master of it. I'm hoping for a good suicide, and I'll prepare a good funeral beforehand.

I couldn't bear failing my death.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Something like suicide, of a physically healthy person, pisses me off.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Death is the only thing we can all be sure to expect in our future

Comment

Sloww, Yes I believe that for example he'll go to a better place and I'll get to see him when it's my time, after that.. also for myself, I don't know I don't have my own family, when I do then I might think differently, but as of now I have no real ties so I'm not that worried. I think that my last thoughts would be somewhere between 'well I had a good run' and 'I hope no one gets too depressed about this.

You know, it's constantly in my thoughts that I'm also sitting next to him, and then I take a bathroom brake or something else and he's gone when I come back. And then there is the famous things left unsaid part that comes with it, and it will be the worst. And realizing it, I still can't get my act together and say those things right now. That's just stupid, isn't it?
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        Something like suicide, of a physically healthy person, pisses me off.
                        I consider suicide a state where the spirit realizes that its body has become a trap instead of a tool for itself.

Some christians believe that suicides go to a dark place in hell. I disagree for two reasons:
                        -God isn't that merciless
                        -Hell is simply a state of enlightenment compared to the purity of a spirit. Remember several things make a spirit impure, such as being evil or suffering from depression, etc etc....A true pure being experiences enlightenment and ascends, while the rest of us don't. Enlightenment occours at every second however, and if we are impure then we enter a state of hell.

Isn't that INTERESTING?
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Chemical Ollie, that's pretty funny, even if it's.. you know, not funny... I guess she has her facts straight!

It's strange you know.. I just seem to feel that when I bury my old man, it will be the worst moment of my life and I don't know if I can take it very well. I'm emotinally handicapped . I guess they should lock the booze and guns, and take away the car keyes for at least few months! But I have no problems of thinkign that my son will bury me (if have a son that is). That's cool. But when it's my turn and duty? Oh hell...
                          In da butt.

Comment

It's human, Pekka.
                            Realization is the first step.
                            If you know, but don't say, it will make ita ll the worse.

Comment

What a silly question....from the bottom of the deck of course!
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X