No announcement yet.

Is weed a performance enhancing drug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard weed causes you to last longer in sex. is that true?

I don't know, I'm just going from a Lords of Acid song .

I've never been lucky enough to get laid while stoned. Hell, I can barely get laid while sober.

Comment

Lord of acid =

Well thats where I was leading to before.
      :-p

Comment

It seems to me that weed tends to help you focus on one thing often to the exclusion (and sometimes detriment) of others. Thus a lot of musicians like to use pot because they'll stay "in the groove" for longer stretches of time. This would explain the basketball / darts / frisbee / ping pong effects as well. This wouldn't necessarily help you at high level competition because aside from following the ball or whatever, you have to also consider your opponent's actions and whatever tactics or psychological warfare approaches may be appropriate to the sport in question.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Oh and while we're on the topic.

I heard guiness has the same effect. Is this true? and why guiness and not any other beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
            This wouldn't necessarily help you at high level competition because aside from following the ball or whatever, you have to also consider your opponent's actions and whatever tactics or psychological warfare approaches may be appropriate to the sport in question.
            But this isnt the case. You actually become better. Perhaps you are making a better judgement because you dont overthink things too much in the psychological battle.

Comment

I have a freind that likes to do his physics homework stoned

he gets a lot more of it done than I do
              Possible, it depends on what is being performed. I played baseball under the influence and I can't say it helped or hurt, it made me a bit lethargic but as Rah points out, it can have a relaxing effect and it certainly did for me. I've been stuck on mathematics problems, but as soon as I got high, the answer and the process for finding the answer became clear as a bell. Rather strange feeling when that happens...

I think that being high induces "thinking outside the box", sometimes this can result in bizarre "bull sessions" one wished had been taped for the comedic effect, but it can also lead to thoughts of "genius". Nancy Wilson of Heart fame said she wrote her best music on pot...

Comment

Now meth IS a performance enhancing drug! We used to use that and play foosball all night and the guys I played with were tourney champions and I was just a newbie. It was a blast playing goalie against the best shooters in the world and repeatedly STUFFING them. Of course they get some by me but hell, no one can consistently stop those guys...

Comment

Im closing my eyes right now and grabbing my head and Im getting a strong visual image of my skull. I touch my arm and Im seeing my own radius,ulna and humerus.

Yeah Im ****ed up. And I have no idea what I smoked tonight.

Comment

Do you eat nacho topped brownies and pass the wet mulch back and forth via kisses while doing so?

Grass (lawn), leaves, and orange peels. Crap like that, is mulch.
                    Goes on a garden.

I dont think Ive ever got that stoned. Not that I would remember of course.

I used to think I was better at games when I was stoned, but Im not. Civ really frustrates me because I cant create long term plans because I forget to do them.

Twitch shooters tend not to be affected as much, as long as I know the map and game inside out before hand. Otherwise I sit down at my comp and cant remember what any of the keys do.

I guess it all comes down to bad newly learned memory, and long term memory skills being less affected.

Rather strange feeling when that happens...

The moment of clarity feeling? Yeah, its great. When its happening to other people, you can see it in their face.
                    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I wonder though, if applied to sports what would happen to the sports injury rate. You know, sometimes those little pains really mean something.
                      Pot won't mask a serious oncoming injury, I think they use cortizone shots (?) for that and for after the injury occurs.

This feeling of bliss contributes to people losing the desire to obtain meaningful goals.
                      One of the government ads make that claim but I don't buy it, I've known motivated people who smoked pot. I think it depends more on the individual...

Comment

Yeah Im ****ed up. And I have no idea what I smoked tonight.
                        Let's hope you smoked something.

The moment of clarity feeling? Yeah, its great. When its happening to other people, you can see it in their face.
                        Yup, I figuratively bang my head against the wall and after some pot, it all just comes to me and I wonder how I could have missed it. But even more strange, I come down from the high and a couple days later I'm back to banging my head over the same damn math problem...

Comment

I get good **** from my friend who deals. On top of that Im not a pothead so I have low tolerance, So I get ****ed easily.

Im feeling the usual auditory hallucination and "everything feels like a gel" phase. But this time when I close my eyes, Im getting an extremly strong visual hallucination. I hope he didnt lace something while I wasnt aware of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero

But this isnt the case. You actually become better. Perhaps you are making a better judgement because you dont overthink things too much in the psychological battle.
                            That really depends on the person. There are plenty who never think enough about strategy or psychology in sports, so it isn't really going to help them.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

We aren't getting enough of the other side, you know, like becoming a blathering idiot on the stuff. Well, can't say I ever saw someone get that bad... The Cheech and Chong movies and Half Baked kind of stupid...

Comment

Weed:
                                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X