Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ER diagram HELP :(

Okay, i'm trying to make an ER diagram for the following situation:

You operate a library. The library has books. Each book has a BID, a name , and 1 or more authors. Each author has a name. The library has patrons. each patron has a PID and a name. patrons check out books. a book checkout record contains the date the book was checked out.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

thats way over my head but I'll bump it just to help you out.

Comment

thanks buddy
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Master artist!

Comment

wow, that looks so simple I feel dumb now.

Comment

close, but you are missing book check out record!?! I don't know how to show it...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
              close, but you are missing book check out record!?! I don't know how to show it...
              as a separate Entity?

Comment

model an Entity 'date' which has a many-many relationship with 'checkout'?

Comment

/me reminds himself that he could do this stuff some time ago.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by radicus
                    Master artist!
                    Wasn't it suposed to be a many to many relationship between book and author?

One author could have written several books, while one book could be written by several authors?

Otherwise looks fine

/me reminds himself he's not that experienced in making those either...

A "Patron", is this the same thing as a customer?
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
                      The 'Check out' is a separate identity. it should be perfect for this.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                        A "Patron", is this the same thing as a customer?

yup!

Comment

Thx... learning new words every day
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                          X