Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight the good fight, Krop!

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Can I join in now.

The comparison with the DDR is apt, although it is not just the US.

In the DDR the attraction of drugs was huge due to the enormous pressure placed on athletes and coaches by the government. That governmental pressure has now been replaced by money, however the pressure is the same and the result is the same.

There needs to be much more testing and a zero tolerance approach taken, unless you can prove that soemone else spiked your food/drink etc.
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Can I join in now.

Yes you can.

The comparison with the DDR is apt, although it is not just the US.

No it isn't. The government of the DDR sponsored and controlled their doping program. The U.S. government, OTOH, is investigating this abuse and trying to put a stop to it. Not similar in the least.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

No the comparrsion with the governments of the DDR and the US is clearly bollocks, I was talking more about the coaching set ups and the athletes themselves.
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I never meant to say that the cheating in the US was a government sponsored program. My intentions was to point out that this is, as it was back in the DDR-days, a disgrace. Everything else was something that Mr 'Heavystone' came up with in his own mind.

Comment

I never meant to say that the cheating in the US was a government sponsored program. My intentions was to point out that this is, as it was back in the DDR-days, a disgrace.

If you really didn't mean to imply some sort of government involvement on the part of the US, then using the example of the DDR in your post was probably the stupidest choice you could've made. When you mention the DDR, people automatically think of massive government-sponsored doping programs.

Everything else was something that Mr 'Heavystone' came up with in his own mind.

KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Tung=Heavy
                Sten=Stone

It's so ironic that your nick is swedish.

Comment

Looks like it's time to change my name to Drake Wolfram.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Maybe so, you've got the entire periodic table to chose from.

Comment

Wolfram is the real name for tungsten.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

... I was more thinking along the line of 'Drake Airhead'.

Comment

I guess that's what passes for comedy in your country...
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yep, comedy in my country (and most other countries) is often as bad as that.

Comment

Working...
                            X