No announcement yet.

Snoring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a snoring problem to, my ex made me sleep in the spare room most of the time (not good for a relationship). I may go and see if I can find out what causes it.

Oerdin, let us know how you get on please.

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
      My years of snoring came close to ruining my marriage. Went to the doctor and he recommended that before I try surgery or waste any more money on sprays and nose strips, that I simply lose some weight. 20 lbs later - no more snoring!

So I would second the go-the-doctor opinion.
      I'm glad that worked for you. I have put an a good deal of weight in the last three years but even when I was 175 (remember I'm 6'1" so 175 is light) I still snored though less often and less loudly.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

My father snores like hell, to the point I cannot sleep more than 4 hours when I share a room with him.

It almost ruined his couple with my mother, had she not decided to use wax balls systematically to clog her ears.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

It's more irritating when people talk in their sleep and then can't remember what they were dreaming so you never know the end of the story.
          -30-

Comment

Ok everyone. I just got finished with the procedure about an hour ago. When I went into the doctor's office his nurse (who was a totally hot blond ) gave me an adavan to relax me then after about 20 minutes I was lead into the surgical room. In the surgical room the doctor explained the procedure step by step, for the third time, then he gave me a decongestant for my nose (my nose was clear but supposedly some people stuff up during the procedure and you have to breath through your nose until the doctor is done) as well as a localized anistetic. We waited five minutes for the anistetic to kick in and then he placed a small rubber chalk block in my mouth so that my mouth would stay open for the entire opporation.

Next he took a small needle shaped electrode and stuck it into the soft pallet tissue at the back of my throat; running a slight electric current through the tissue is supposed to help stiffen the muscles so that they aren’t so flexible. This will make it so they won’t flap around while I sleep and generate that snoring sound. Once that was done the doctor took the laser and cut off approximately 2/3 of my uvula (the little piece of flesh that hangs down the back of your throat) and then lasered the ends of the surrounding tissue in order to stiffen them. Lastly two little notches were made, one on each side of the uvula, so that the remaining bit of uvula would continue to function properly but it would no longer be so big enough to generate the snoring sound. The entire procedure took about 25 minutes.

The only uncomfortable part is that my throat now feels slightly sun burned from the laser and there is a modest amount of swelling where the procedure was performed. I also didn’t like the smell of burning flesh that occurred when the laser cut of part of the uvula but that lasted no more then 5-10 seconds. Looking at the back of my throat with a mirror there is a slight discoloration to the skin caused by the laser but that is supposed to heal with in one week. Lastly, the doctor gave me a bottle of antibiotics, another of vikadine, and told me to periodically gargle with salt water or water containing desolved aspirin.

Paradoxically, the doctor told me I might actually snore more for a day or two due to the swelling which the surgury may cause. Once the swelling goes down though it should be smooth sailing.

Comment

Cool

Keep us informed in one week or two about how the side effects have healed, and how your snoring has stopped
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
                Yes, we all know what snoring is; no need for a demonstration.

Comment

Boy, that sounds like it was more fun than a trip to Disneyland.
                  -30-

Comment

Good luck mate... as a bloody good snorer, I look forward to your results....!
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                      Remember Bonn Scott!
                      and John Bonham.
                      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Well, I snored so loud to night I got kicked out of the room. The swelling hasn't gone down at all so I guess things are progressing exactly as the doctor predicted. The swelling and discomfort do make it uncomfortable to swallow but it is nothing unbearable. I haven’t taken any pain medicating in nine hours so maybe I should go pop one of my happy pills.

Comment

I only snore when I've got a blocked nose.
                          Unfortunately I have a constant cold in the winter and hay fever in the summer so my nose is mostly blocked.
                          This doesn't guarantee that I'll snore, but it improves the chances by a good degree.

My girlfriend says that I always snore when I'm drunk though. But I'm not going to go that far to stop snoring.

Comment

I don't snore.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I don't sleep.
                              -30-

Comment

I am starting to think these surgery was all a big expensive mistake. Most of the swelling has gone down but post-surgery I am snoring much, much worse then I ever had before in my entire life. I mean I snore so loud I wake myself up and my girlfriend now refuses to even let me sleep over at her house.

Before I just had occational mild snoring especially if I drank that night or if I had excersized a lot that day. Now I'm out $1200 and the doctor's surgery has made it so that a snore ALL THE TIME! Now that I look back it seems to me I did things all wrong. I didn't know anything about this doctor other then he had an ad in the paper; I mean I didn't ask for any referals (I just assumed he wouldn't give me a bad referal so why bother?) and I don't know his background or if he's been sued for malpractice before. Next time I'm going to be much more careful about choicing a doctor and I'm not just going to assume that because he has a MD that he's qualified.

Comment

Working...
                                X