Winamp 5.0 Beta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Why is the slide control for volume properties on wave balance slide back down in volume after each song?
    Did that in the past and somehow or someway it stopped.

Because the winamp volume controller resets the windows volume controller.

- Impossible to minimize

My Winamp3 minimizes quite nicely to either the taskbar, the systray, or both.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

What's wrong with WinAmp2? Nothing.. that's why I still use it.

Comment

Have they fixed the bug that winamp 3 has when you put more then 16384 songs in the media library?
        Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
        Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

They should have.
          Given the number, it sounds like a number range problem. Few programs work well at the edge of their number range.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
            2+3=5? Has some Winamp developer read the Illuminatus! series?
            stop being so damn cultured

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
              2+3=5? Has some Winamp developer read the Illuminatus! series?

No, they just couldn't figure out the normal versioning system, so they're spewing random but increasing numbers for their versions.
              American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
              I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
              Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
              XGalaga.

Comment

I just discovered some new things with Winamp 5. On the Modern skin, things get added when you drag the box bigger (either in window shade mode or in standard mode).

Like when you make the standard box bigger, a beat-sensing thing comes up (2nd picture).

The first picture is how I use Winamp in Windowshade mode.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And it would help to attach it
                  Attached Files
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Well Asher? Can Windows provide 300 desktops arranged 3x10x10?
                    [url=http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=2418234#post2418234]Here{/url] is the clarification you asked for, in case you missed it.
                    XGalaga.

Comment

Probably not, frankly I've never tried.

It's like bragging about how you're able to set your monitor in 1x1 ASCII character mode -- what's the point and what kind of masochist uses it?

Do you really have such a lack of organizational skills that you can't deal with 4 desktops at once? That's incredible, really.

To me it's another example of where Linux excels at stupid, useless, and trivial things and has yet to provide useful things like a responsive UI and decent font anti-aliasing.

Beware geeks with free time.

Comment

Do you really have such a lack of organizational skills that you can't deal with 4 desktops at once? That's incredible, really.

Lack of? Did you even read the post I linked to? I keep my windows well organized and seperate.
                        To me it's another example of where Linux excels at stupid, useless, and trivial things...

To me, it's another example of a place where Windows has a limit and Linux does not.
                        XGalaga.

Comment

Lack of? Did you even read the post I linked to? I keep my windows well organized and seperate.
                          If you need 300 active desktops on one computer, you do have some major organizational problems. 99% of users make do with one, others with two or more, but mostly on dual monitors.

Using multiple desktops to the tune of hundreds per machine is simply and unquestionably retarded and time wasted developing such capabilities.

Who said Windows has the limit? Linux uses third party programs to do it, why don't you do the same for Windows if you really want it?

It's certainly possible in Windows, it's just that to my knowledge no one has ever tried.

Most people are too smart to actually need 300 desktops on a single machine, running at once...

To me, it's another example of just how f*cked up Linux users really are, and why it'll never get anywhere on the desktop until they get their priorities straight.

Comment

I can only have 9 virtual desktops running at once with the software I currently have installed, and that's a limit I'll have to live with.

How about some usability questions:
                            1) Do you still need to worry about library versions and incompatibily constantly in Linux while "installing" programs? (Yes)
                            2) Is it still impossible in most distros to change the screen resolution on the fly without rebooting XWindows? (Yes)
                            3) Is there complete and adequate support for mousewheels and 3rd, 4th, and 5th mouse buttons? (No)
                            4) Does the text still look like **** compared to WinXP and OS X? (Yes)

But wait! It supports 300 virtual desktops. None of the above matters, we know our priorities.

Comment

3) Is there complete and adequate support for mousewheels and 3rd, 4th, and 5th mouse buttons? (No)

There is for the 3rd button.
                              4) Does the text still look like **** compared to WinXP and OS X? (Yes)

I haven't taken a close look at XP or OS X's text, so I won't comment on this one.

But wait! It supports 300 virtual desktops. None of the above matters, we know our priorities.

And being able to use your 3d nav skills in your computer should be low priority?
                              And it would be 3x4x4, except I want to examine that pic of Venus without having to use scrollbars(yes, it is faster to switch viewports).
                              XGalaga.

Comment

I think that we can all agree that the Microsoft distribution of Windows is unspeakably horrible and that someone should fork it and start distributing an improved one.
                                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X