Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the bigger bastard, Castro or Pinochet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the bigger bastard, Castro or Pinochet?

Two Latin American dictators. Both have many opponents and some defenders, even today. So... oh, why do these poll threads even need any explanation? Vote, damn you!
    Castro
    27.78%
    Pinochet
    55.56%
    They're equally bad
    16.67%
    Banana (republic)
    0.00%
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

I think it'd have to be Pinochet. While Castro has been an authoritarian repressor of human rights and deserves to be condemned by that, he wasn't in to the whole mass death thing like Pinochet was.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

As Shi said, Castro oppresses people, Pinochet kills people. Moreover, Castro believes he is doing something good. He is misguided, IMHO. Pinochet knows that killing people is not a 'good' thing to do.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Pinochet was evil. Castro is just misguided.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Pinochet pulled off the world's biggest magic trick: thousands disappeared without a trace!

Castro is just Batista with universal health care/education and a few less ass whippings ...
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Castro is God, Pino is Devil
            Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
              Castro is just Batista with universal health care/education and a few less ass whippings ...
              . . . and less corruption and no torture and no disappearances and no extrajudicial killings (since the fall of the previous government) and no homelessness . . .
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Well, that just takes all of the fun out of it, doesn't it?
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

What Shi said
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

. . . and less corruption and no torture and no disappearances and no extrajudicial killings (since the fall of the previous government) and no homelessness . . .
                    Huh, didn't know anyone disappeared under Batista. Learn something new every day.
                    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                      I think it'd have to be Pinochet. While Castro has been an authoritarian repressor of human rights and deserves to be condemned by that, he wasn't in to the whole mass death thing like Pinochet was.
                      You're a traitor to the republic party and the american people, and should be executed immideately.

I agree with Shi.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Pinochet gets my vote for the torture and murder of thousands of young people. Like in Argentina, most of the victiims were idealistic young kids, teenagers, university students.

Such a tragedy, the flower of a generation cut down before they could even make a contribution to their society.

Castro is no angel either but the tragedy there is the US turned on him too early.
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
                          Huh, didn't know anyone disappeared under Batista. Learn something new every day.
                          Not alot, but some.

Comment

Well, the Castro regime isn't all that peachy that way, either. But of course, comparing to Pinochet, he's a ****ing angel.

He just held an Israeli writer for a couple of years, thinking he was a Mossad spy.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

which he probably was
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X