Fellow Australians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Vagabond

Tu es un francophone! Alors pourquoi tu dis la chose stupide comme "Commonwealth brethen"? C'est inpardonable.
    "you are a francophone!! Then why do you say a stupid thing like "commonwealth brethren" Its unforgiveable!
    Last edited by lord of the mark; January 8, 2004, 11:01.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      Je n'suis pas un francophone; je susis bilingue

(mas ma langue maternelle est Amnglis)

"Im not a francophone, im bilingual (but english is my mother tongue"
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by The Vagabond

Tu es bi...

Paternelle. Tu viens de dir que ta mere est Quebecoise.
        two quibbles:

" you are bi" (as bad a joke in french as in english, i think)

"Paternal (since KH said english was his "maternal language" more idiomatically in English "mother tongue") since you said you mother is a Quebecer" A quibble on the use of the phrase "langue maternelle" which in French as in English, IIUC, does not refer to which parent one gets ones "birth tongue" from.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

for the guy who asked for translation, I'll do my best.

my hostess is a ciboire dog

"hostie" refers to the host (the one given during communion)

ciboire refers to the chalice in which communion wine is placed (IIRC; this is another word for calice, which is also a swear word)
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller

a must, I agree

Jon Miller
            A couple of fellow bourban men
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
            X