Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Officer who burned Hitler's body dies at 86.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centrifuge
    ...in addition if you read my original post, you would see that I said "of the 20th century and probably the 19th."
    The generation of your great-grandparents did more in terms of being the group that cuased historical change..after all, they fought WW1 and made the decisions of WW2...them and a few of your great-great grandparents generation.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

What happened is only remembered the way it is because Germany lost the war.

There's a chilling thought for you.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
        Actually, the whole "greatest generation" monicker ukrs me. Soldiers in WW2 were no braver than soldiers through countless campaigns. The principle of scale, which is what separates WW2 from most other wars, is an end result of socio-ecnomic factors, and has no moral significance. And as brutish as the Nazi's were, they sadly rank among, and not far above, the countless cruel conqerors of the world that history has seen: again, only scale comes. And as always, most people DID NOT die from freedom, but for pride and nationalism and all the other base emotins that usually droive most young men to their deaths under the commands of older men.
        Some good points...

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

The generation of your great-grandparents did more in terms of being the group that cuased historical change..after all, they fought WW1 and made the decisions of WW2...them and a few of your great-great grandparents generation.
          Some truth here. WW1 may have started the car, but the WW2 generation was forced to park it.

If that makes any sense

Comment

To me what matters most is the decisions taken by people in a generation, not whether when the people above them in the social hierarchy said :jump!, how high they did.

The generation of our grandparents begun to lead the world in the mid-late 50's. Before that it was the great grandparents and older. Eve to day we deal wth the consequences of decisions taken by men born in the 1870's. IN many ways, we deal as much with the messy end of WW1 as the messy end of WW2.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

In my eyes, true character shows through by what you do when difficult circumstances are handed to you.

Some good points, GePap, but it's time for me to get some sleep

Comment

someone has been reading too many walter kronkite books.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                  someone has been reading too many walter kronkite books.

Now I really need to go to bed!!!!!

Comment

"I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                    X