Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
    I must say, the typefaces on Linux is so much better than that on Windows.
    On the school linux computers in the syslab, they have five hundred billion different fonts. You may call that "better", I call that "pointless". Gimme fixedsys, Times New Roman and Comic Sans MS and I'm happy.

Comment

Latent MSerf checking in, sir.

Yeah, I don't mind the Microsoft Hegemony... it allows me to do what I want to do without having to worry too much about what is going on under the hood on a day to day basis. In all I truly think MS to be a boon to todays world rather than a bane, even if techies can argue that they retarded the rate of technological progress - hundreds of millions of people are using computers because of them, Intel, and IBM and that is no small accomplishment.

Recommended reading: Microsoft: Inside/Out an official MS-sanctioned book about the history of the company and the developments of the products. Despite being a company book it is a pretty fascinating and educating read - and is also a pretty nice coffee table book as well. Like me, you might be able to find it at the bargain bins of the local Barnes & Noble for $5.00.

Comment

Comic Sans MS

:vomit:
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

oh, btw.

i really like ms office 2k3. it's swooby. i'm also in love with windows server 2k3. and i like windows xp. all these stability problems? don't have 'em.

haven't played with panther yet, but i have a feeling that i'll like it too. i already adore redhat 9 (i've customized it quite a bit, though) and gentoo...

really. open your arms and embrace computing. we should all be lovers, not haters.
          B♭3

Comment

comic sans? ugh.

i want:

helvetica; century gothic; tahoma; verdana; arial; trebuchet ms.
            times new roman; garamond; book antiqua.

maybe a few other specials, like papyrus, rage italic, or viner hand itc.
            B♭3

Comment

When it comes to Windows, I have nothing bad to say. Before windows came around we PC users only had DOS at our disposal. Windows made computers less "mysterious" on a grander basis, then Apple was able to.

The only real problem that I've had with Windows was with windows ME. I hated it... It was slow and a backwards step evolutionally from Win 98. Mr. Bill, however, did a much better job with Win 2000 and XP.

(Asumming that you keep it upgraded and disable that messenger crap )

Comment

I only work with Tahoma and Arial in most documents.

TNR is awful.

Comment

times new roman + arial, and i'm done.
                  comic sans is the spawn of satan.

Windows is a fine OS. Like Cruddy said, its real flaw is that if things go wrong we'll pay every time we use it.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                    Windows is a fine OS. Like Cruddy said, its real flaw is that if things go wrong we'll pay every time we use it.
                    The sad thing is that I can envision that situation...

Luckily, we have Linux if things start getting too out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                      I only work with Tahoma and Arial in most documents.

TNR is awful.
                      You may want to find a serif font you like then, because san-serif isn't exactly optimal for prolonged reading. Book Antiqua has already been mentioned.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Well, if I must... Palatino then =)

Comment

"I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

Yes that is three lol smilies for MrFun! Alert the press!
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

#1 font is Verdana.
                              #2 font is Tahoma.
                              #3 font is Arial.

All of which are MS fonts, unsurprisingly.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Is this about Windows or Fonts?

Comment

Working...
                                X