Help me buy a digital camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does dell make an MP3 player?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Woot! My camera, flash card, and case have been ordered. Unfortunately, Dell doesn't normally carry the 1GB flash card so I'll have to wait until the 24th for it to be shipped but it will be worth it.

Thanks Kaak.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No problem it will probably ship out before then, they usually do...
        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

If I must go flash is there an option that allows for easy transfer to any convenient computer without the need to install any software on the computer first?

Comment

Ger: most CF card readers are plug and play.

Oerdin: Our MP3 player, the dell DJ comes out tomorrow I think. If you need one, we can put it on your dell preferred account.

I'll make a post.
            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

a couple of the computers that would be very handy to use the camera with have windows 95 installed on them and can't have the os upgraded by us because they are part of an instrument bench where upgrading the os will invalidate the calibration certification of the bench. Is this the kind of 'plug and play' where plugging it into the win 95 computer will cause windows to prompt us to direct it to the location of a device driver?

Comment

hmmm....geronimo, I honestly don't know a lot about win95. Is there not a network computer you could put all the files on?

Comment

Network computer solution would make at least half the people in the group unhappy since at least that many fail to use the shared network directories already available opting instead to e-mail huge files to me and to others in the group.

I was hoping for something that would be as idiot proof as the old floppy disk camera we borrow from another group but without the insanely slow file transfer problem.

Comment

Oerdin: How's the camera, particularly the image quality?

I'm thinking about buying the S400, but also considering the Casio EX-Z4 cause it's smaller and lighter.
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                    X