What are you watching tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you watching tonight?

Just a quick poll. There's a lot of stuff on the tele tonight. I'm having trouble with remote, so I have to stay on something

I know, this is an Amerocentric thread, but I'm an American watching American TV, so get over it

POLL: I made it multiple choice for those who are flipping channels.

edit: ****! Could a mod make it multiple choice? Thanks
    ALCS Red Sox/Yankees (Fox; 8:00)
    19.23%
    Democratic Presidential Debate (CNN; 8:00)
    3.85%
    Must See TV - Friends, etc. (NBC; 8:00)
    3.85%
    Survivor 5 (CBS; 8:00)
    3.85%
    Extreme Makeover (ABC; 9:00)
    0.00%
    The Jaime Kennedy Experiment (WB; 8:30)
    0.00%
    The Osbournes (MTV; 8:30)
    0.00%
    WWE Smackdown (UPN; 8:00)
    0.00%
    Something else (Some Channel; Some:00)
    7.69%
    I'm not watching TV - Too busy surfin' the net!
    23.08%
    You silly American! I want nothing to do with your bourgois television!
    30.77%
    Banana Olympics (BTV; 8:Banana)
    7.69%
    Last edited by The Emperor Fabulous; October 9, 2003, 20:26.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Watched a couple of programmes about Brél who has been dead for 25 years now. Yeah, I know you don't have a clue as to who he was/is
    -
    Saw a couple of minutes of timescommanders (still not sure what to think of it)
    -
    Watched ' great wonders': like this one very much, informative, yet relaxing/ entertaining TV.
    -
    Then I saw EQ with Stephen Fry, very good show but needs to settle a little. IE give it some time to developpe
    -
    Ohh and some snooker..
    -
    Currently: surfing while BBC night tele is on in the background.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'll be reading a book.

I don't have a TV.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Firstly, I'll be reading some of the Arthur Machen short stories from 'Tales of Horror and the Supernatural' which I was fortunate enough to pick up for Au 50c yesterday. His books are as rare as hen's teeth, so I was very pleased to find this paperback edition in near mint condition, with wonderfully camp 'macabre' cover art.

Then I'll be watching 'The Maltese Falcon' on dvd, and a Francis Ford Coppola produced film, 'The People' based on a novel by Zenna Henderson and starring William Shatner and Kim Darby and Dan O'Herlihy. Then I'll go to bed, because tomorrow I have to get up early to go gliding.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
          I'll be reading a book.

I don't have a TV.
          Nothing's cooler than reading Harry Potter from light of an oil lamp while eating a Soy Steak.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Nothing's cooler than reading Harry Potter from light of an oil lamp while eating a Soy Steak.

Does anybody else think that L&O SVU is taking a nose dive with their new writer?
            And that Law & Order yesterday was copied and pasted from "The Mousetrap" by Agatha Christie .
            cIV list: cheats
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

I have class every Thursday evening, from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm.

And I forgot to record Must See TV -- again. I will look for an Apolytoner that I can scapegoat for my forgetting.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                I will look for an Apolytoner that I can scapegoat for my forgetting.
                Yeah... hmmm, who around here do we blame everything on...
                cIV list: cheats
                Now watch this drive!

Comment

It's all Ming's fault that I forgot to record my favorite shows tonight??
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Memento is on TV tonight, I still haven't seen it so I will check it out.
                    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Memento - excellent film!
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                        .... Then I'll go to bed, because tomorrow I have to get up early to go gliding.
                        I thought you always glided.

Anyway, I've been watching the moon mostly. It's full and we're having a lovely night. It's almost 60 degrees right now, which is nice for 1:30 am in October.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Something relaxational, a good movie or just music channel...
                          Nasimov , Lencom

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Dude, harry potter? No way. I'm reading a Forgotten Realms book.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Where's Skanky when you'd expect him?

This evening I shall be mostly watching the increments of the science advisor and reading the future intentions of other civs as I have a go at the Civ 2 OCC comparison game 2. (My girlfriend's away this weekend so I'm off to the pub to get a little bit Gitted before I start to play. )

Comment

Working...
                              X