• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you listening to now?

Now playing: Outkast - Hey Ya
    urgh.NSFW

Office chatter and air conditioning.

Comment

A mechanic complain about air in the heat exchanger for the WFI (Water For Injection) system... He should be programming the controller on one of the machines for me.

It's quite now...
      Monkey!!!

Comment

A bunch of social science students gossiping and being stupid.

I'm trying to listen to Dispatch - The General.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Top of the Pops 2 in the background, and Master of Puppets in the foreground.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Social science students don't gossip; they debate.
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

At the moment, I'm listening to the distant, unclear sounds of morning television eminating from the small TV upstairs, but these are covered by the sound of the vacuum cleaner.

However, in the interest of furthering the exposure of good music, lately I've been listening to:

- the new Howie Day record.
              - Phish halloween show, feat. cover of the Beatles' entire White album.
              - Rufus Wainwright, "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk"
              - new Beulah
              the good reverend

Comment

Band: Zero Hour
                Album: The Tower Of Avarice
                Song: Demise And Vestige

I just love this album.

Comment

It's twilight here, so I'm listening to crickets outside my window. I think I here a lawnmower in the distance also.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

John Mayer - Great Indoors

Comment

NP: Khevrisa 2002 - European Klezmer Music - 10 - Di Shvartse Khasene
                      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Loreena McKennitt -- The Book Of Secrets.

It is magnificent.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Doing the household chores, so have been listening to:

Kosheen: Kokopelli

Saint Etienne: Nothing Can Stop Us (American c.d. single)

Harold Budd/Brian Eno: The Plateaux of Mirror

OP8 feat. Lisa Germano: slush

Eliza Carthy: Red Rice

Ambient noise provided by: two noisy kookaburras, some green parrots, a clutch of magpies and the neighbours blasted yappy dog. Why do people have small runty dogs which make noise out of all proportion to their size? B@st@rd chihuahua. Should be made into a glove. A tiny glove.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

King Crimson LP: Three of a perfect pair
                            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I was listening to Niggaz4life by NWA, now I'm listening to Rock Action by Mogwai.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X